AKo Online MTT Mid Game

ChipDouglas1ChipDouglas1 Red Chipper Posts: 95 ✭✭
I have 50k in chips at the 500/1000 level in a $5 MTT. Folds to me in CO and I have AKo.

I make it $2500 (2.5x) and the SB goes all in (SB has 100bb) and the action is back on me. Villain had just joined the table and I have no history. Against the range I assign (basically 22 - QQ, A10s - AKs & AJo+) I have approx. 53% equity and I need 47% for the call to be +EV.

My question is, whilst I know its +EV to call, should I fold here based on feeling like a have an edge on the field and could field better spots?

I usually play low - mid stake MTT's online and was in a very comfortable position when this hand came up. I did call and was ok with it however felt it was worth asking the RCP question to see what others think about this type of spot...

Cheers

Chip

Comments

• Skors3Skors3 Red Chipper Posts: 665 ✭✭✭
    I think I fold here seeing as how this is the first time you've run into this. For me, it's not worth busting the tournament with such a deep stack.
  • evpropevprop Red Chipper Posts: 62 ✭✭
    What if this same spot occurs in a turbo format?
  • GazelligGazellig RCP Coach Posts: 73 ✭✭
    Soto and I talk about this in a couple of videos coming up - basically our thought is that you 'should' call because it's +cEV, but that doesn't mean that you 'must' call. If it's a soft field you should probably fold and just not tell anyone about it. Shhhh...
  • zagaresezagarese Red Chipper Posts: 185
    Feels like a fold to me for most of the reasons you describe plus - as I read it he is way overjamming and if he'll do this new to the table, readless, then you're pretty likely to find a lot of spots to get his chips with less variance.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file