Introduction: JoeOffsuit

JoeOffsuitJoeOffsuit Red Chipper Posts: 574 ✭✭✭
Greetings!

I am JoeOffsuit, I play 1/2 NLH, and I am a recovering nit.

I used to play a lot of limit in the late 90s and early 2Ks (where I did very well playing as a nit) but then I did something really crazy (got married and started a family.) The youngest is now old enough where I can get out and play in some private games again (or travel to other states with legal poker rooms) so I am trying to improve at NL.

Inspirations right now are just to be able to hold my own in bigger games.

I just got back from spending the winter holidays at my in-laws. (They are in a foreign country, and although married almost 20 years, I never learned the language.) While there, I re-read several of Ed Millers older books that I hadn't read in a couple years, read his two latest books for the first time, re-read Doug's "Poker Plays You Can Use" for my 2nd time, and read Doug's Math Geeks Workbook for my first time. I do believe some of it is actually beginning to click...

I have been on a LOT of other poker forums that have come and gone over the years, but may just park here for a little while and chat about these books and maybe some poker hands, as this seems like a friendly enough forum so far....

Comments

• Doug HullDoug Hull RCP Coach Posts: 1,876 -
    As a recovered nit, does this video resonate with you?

http://redchippoker.com/pro-video-hull010/
    Co-founder Red Chip Poker,
    Author Poker Plays You Can Use
    Author Poker Workbook for Math Geeks
  • JoeOffsuitJoeOffsuit Red Chipper Posts: 574 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Hi Doug, having just finished both of your books, and having come to this site at the recommendation of your books, I am real honored to see your response!

As a forum-only member, I appear to be locked out of the video. Is this one available anywhere else? Also in your book, you discuss a video by Ed Miller, "How to Beat 2-5 anywhere" which I also could not find. Does this one also require membership?

Thanks very much!
  • SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,082 -
    Hey Joe. Pretty much every video on our site requires a PRO Membership to watch it. That being said, you can pick up a free 7-day trial and start watching ASAP!

http://redchippoker.com/membership/
    📑 Grab my custom poker spreadsheet pack right now.
    📘 Start the Preflop & Math Poker Workbook today.
  • ChipXtractorChipXtractor Red Chipper Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭✭
    Hey James. I try to send everyone who wants to become a better player over to this site. Since I would like to know what I am talking about can you expand a bit on what the 7-day free trial consists of?

Or send me to a link with what you do and do not get access to in the 7 days?

Thanks
  • JoeOffsuitJoeOffsuit Red Chipper Posts: 574 ✭✭✭
    The free 7-day trial is very well advertised on the site. I am probably going to be a forum only member of this site (I currently have a deep list of want-to-buy books that I can’t justify buying because I don’t play enough) I was going to hold off on the 7-day trial until I had another good block of time where I could really get the most of studying the content. Right now between work and family, this forum in itself overwhelms me with content! (The forum over at five minus one is such a zoo I can’t bear to stay there.)

And on a very gentle note, I have actually been using “Offsuit” on my handle for about 12 years (and there are some forums that will show I have been a member that long with this handle), so please when you see my handle don’t think in the back of your mind I am a copycat! Ok, that off my chest now!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file