J10s did I play it right?

MrLucidLJMrLucidLJ Red Chipper Posts: 34
I think I played this well but would like any thoughts.

PokerStars Zoom Hand #146759450666: Hold'em No Limit ($0.01/$0.02) - 2016/01/09 16:10:55 ET
Table 'Halley' 6-max Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: sickosick ($3.15 in chips)
Seat 2: Skiff4ik ($1.84 in chips)
Seat 3: Alur3 ($2 in chips)
Seat 4: Espada_Nu.4 ($2.48 in chips)
Seat 5: Morex1993 ($3.46 in chips)
Seat 6: hero ($2.28 in chips)
Skiff4ik: posts small blind $0.01
Alur3: posts big blind $0.02

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to hero
:Ts :Js
Espada_Nu.4: raises $0.06
Morex1993: folds
hero: calls $0.06
sickosick: folds
Skiff4ik: folds
Alur3: folds
*** FLOP ***
:Ks :8h :7d

Espada_Nu.4: bets $0.14
hero: calls $0.14

*** TURN ***
:Ks :8h :7d :9c
Espada_Nu.4: bets $0.34
hero: raises $1.09

Espada_Nu.4: raises $2.28 and is all-in
hero: calls $0.99 and is all-in
Uncalled bet ($0.20) returned to Espada_Nu.4

*** RIVER ***
:Ks :8h :7d :9c :Kh

*** SHOW DOWN ***
Espada_Nu.4: shows
:Kc :Kd (four of a kind, Kings)
hero: shows
:Ts :Js (a straight, Seven to Jack)

Comments

• JfdiwinsJfdiwins Red Chipper Posts: 52
    HI,
    Yes I think you played it fine, unlucky on the river. On the turn you get the villain to stack off vs the nuts unfortunately he hits his outs. Very few people will fold top set on the turn even on this board, just a cooler.
  • MrLucidLJMrLucidLJ Red Chipper Posts: 34
    Jfdiwins wrote: »
    HI,
    Yes I think you played it fine, unlucky on the river. On the turn you get the villain to stack off vs the nuts unfortunately he hits his outs. Very few people will fold top set on the turn even on this board, just a cooler.

I thought I played it well but this is why I hate online at times these spots are always happening to me. If I had the KK and had the set then I would lose and not fill up or hit quads lol. I think its a super tough spot to fold a set there I don't know how many people could do it.
  • zagaresezagarese Red Chipper Posts: 185
    MrLucidLJ wrote: »

I thought I played it well but this is why I hate online at times these spots are always happening to me. If I had the KK and had the set then I would lose and not fill up or hit quads lol. I think its a super tough spot to fold a set there I don't know how many people could do it.

Do you have holdem manager so you can check how often you actually made the nuts and lost online vs how often you made the nuts and won?
  • Rello242Rello242 Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 595 ✭✭
    Don't get caught up with the coolers, it happens.

Question though: Do you have a raising range on the flop? If so, what does it look like?
    -Rello

"Its better to give than to receive, so bet more and call less"
    Check out my HUSNG Graph: Chips-Results
    Follow All the Action On My Blog: www.rello242.blogspot.com
  • shaneshane Red Chipper Posts: 35 ✭✭
    In hindsight there was nothing you could do to get villain off his set Kings. The question should be did you have a chance to fold? No you played it fine. I may have called the turn looking to shove the river instead of raising so as not to express my hands strength after the turn card hit. The K on the river was just bad luck. I'm surprised the villain pushed with the textured board. Good hand to eval.
  • NikosNikos Red Chipper Posts: 117
    suck out... plain and simple imo. played fine. gl next time! ;)
  • FilthyCasualFilthyCasual Red Chipper Posts: 871 ✭✭✭
    The call of the pot size flop bet with a gut shot and the backdoor seems kind of optimistic with 100 bbs to me. Cooler run out once that was called that I wouldn't spend time worrying about

I haven't played any zoom so this is more of a question, but aren't utg opening ranges tighter than regular table utg ranges? Seems like their would be limited speculation from utg when you could jus fold and move onto a new Hand in 5 seconds
  • Marc-KevinMarc-Kevin Red Chipper Posts: 27
    Did you have any reads as to his Cbet % ?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file