qq in the bb i squeeze

philby20philby20 Red Chipper Posts: 189 ✭✭
Hi all i just wanted some opinions on a hand i recently played i had pocket qqs in the bb player from middle pos 1 opens 3x player in the cutoff calls and i sqeeze with my qqs to slighly above pot size bet, middle pos 1 calls and cutoff folds. Flop comes k 8 2 rainbow now at this point im unsure weather to bet or check and re evaluate from there, my thought process is, if i bet im mostly getting called by hands i am losing to with the occasional middle pocket pair continuing for 1 street but on the other hand if i check i fell i am playing my hand face up to the astute player, and if i bet and get called whats my plain for the turn when a brick falls?

Comments

• JoeOffsuitJoeOffsuit Red Chipper Posts: 387 ✭✭✭
    There are more aces in his range than kings, so c-bet for value! Lots of hands without a king that you beat he will call with, so if he does not raise, plan to barrel for value two more streets!

3-betting preflop and then checking out of position on the flop, you are setting yourself up to be bluffed with any 2.

By the way, what are stacks? (not that it would be likely to change my answer in this situation)

• philby20philby20 Red Chipper Posts: 189 ✭✭
    starting stacks were roughly 100bbs in this particular hand i took the line of c betting on the flop and villain folded but i had to think for a while before making my decision to bet or check so was put in a difficult spot that being said i fell if i barrell all streets im mostly gonna be behind when villan calls at the river and i lose a stack or i barrel he calls one street i double barrel he folds on turn and i win a small stack it seems that it could be somewhat negative ev? or i could go bet flop bet turn then check call river or maybe fold.
    when would u ever deviate away from betting all 3 streets if villain doesn't raise on flop or are u always playing the hand that way?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file