set vs top pair, tp hand exposed.

zagaresezagarese Red Chipper Posts: 185
This is technically a pineapple hand but I don't think the (preflop) discards are relevant. 0.5/1.00 cash game at a house after the tournament.

Well, after the tournament for me and few others; it's still running and we're playing cash :)

I open to $3 from MP with :6c :6d . 4 callers. pot $12.

flop :Kd :6s :2h

I lead $10. Villain immediately to my left calls. Everyone else folds. Pot $32.

I don't remember turn exactly but essentially a brick ... say :8d

I lead $20. Villain pauses a long time. Says "I think you have AK." Flips over his hand to show :Ks :Ts .

Talks for a while, seems to be trying to get me to admit to my hand.

Asks if I will show if he folds. I say no and say that I never show - which is true. Not sure he's noticed this even though we've played tons together.

Keeps talking. Says I think you have AK and calls.

River brick - again, I forget the card

Pot is $72.

Assuming you bet, how much do you bet?

Comments

• SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 3,930 -
    How deep are you?

In most situations I just rip here. He can't bet if you check and any 'normal' bet size looks like you're trying to sucker him in. Just rip and try to look bluffy.
    My new book lays out the playbook for AK. Grab your copy and start Optimizing Ace King!
  • Rello242Rello242 Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 595 ✭✭
    These are some dynamics I dont experience playing online but one thing I do know, when emotion gets involve, people pay you off.
    -Rello

"Its better to give than to receive, so bet more and call less"
    Check out my HUSNG Graph: Chips-Results
    Follow All the Action On My Blog: www.rello242.blogspot.com
  • zagaresezagarese Red Chipper Posts: 185
    Sorry.

effective stacks pre-flop were ~$200
  • Ranceg29Ranceg29 Red Chipper Posts: 145 ✭✭
    I agree with splitsuit on the ripping. Looking bluffy is way better than betting a standard $50-$65 here. You can always go in the opposite direction and make a bet he cant fold to like $10-$15.
  • jeffncjeffnc Red Chipper Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bet either small or big but not in between. Something like $25 or just all in, with the latter probably better given his speech.
  • BenLeewoodBenLeewood Red Chipper Posts: 285 ✭✭
    All in. He will call. Almost looks too fishy, giving him more of a reason to call. If he folds, then he was never going to pay off a decent sized value bet anyway. I'd risk losing him for the big payoff then just editing out a $15-$20 value bet.

Another positive is if you shove and he folds, he may go on tilt. If he starts playing bad, you're bound to make more then the value bet would have made you.
  • zagaresezagarese Red Chipper Posts: 185

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file