AK |TPTK taking advice from a RCP coach

ChipDouglas1ChipDouglas1 Red Chipper Posts: 95 ✭✭
I took some advice from one of the RCP coaches and took a different line than I normally would with TPTK in this spot.

Keen to hear your thoughts on how it was played and how it could have been played. Context is its a deep stack low limit MTT and we are sat 4/50 and started out with 900 or so runners. So we are in the money and cruising at this stage.

Blinds are 900/1800 with a 180 ante. I am in the HJ with 110BB and have AdKs. Folds to me and I raise to 4000. I have a TAG image and have been at the same table for quite some time.

Villain (41bb) only just joined the table is in the CO. He flats and the BB completes (43bb) so we go 3 way to the flop. Flop comes KcQc2s and there is 14,520 in the pot.

BB checks, I check and the CO fires out 7,588. BB folds and I call.

Turn brings 9s and I check. Villain bets 18,879 into 29,696 and I call.

River is Qd. I check and villain shoves for his remaining $43,154.

I think I will leave it there for now before saying what I did on the river.

Cheers

Chip

Comments

• shaneshane Red Chipper Posts: 35 ✭✭
    You may have the best hand as he may have been drawing to the flush with A.Q. and missed. He realized the only way to win was to push possibly? Because I'm usually in survival mode in tournament play. I probably fold to his shove live to play another hand. Curious as to what happened.
  • NikosNikos Red Chipper Posts: 117
    edited February 2016
    @shane no offense but your comment is a little off imo. AQ gets trips on the river and beats us. Also, we have villain covered so we're not really on survival mode.

Please note i don't really play a lot of tourneys, but for what its worth i ll have a go:

I can't see us winning here too often.. We only need to be good 28% of the time to call, but the way i see this, V doesn't have that many draws in his turn barreling range that we beat and i can't see him going for three 3-streets with TP good kicker (like KJ, KT) and position (i would think he'd pot control this at the river at least).

So, I assume his shoving range to be pretty nutted, with smth like KQ (5 combos), 22 (3 combos), JT (32 combos - this is bad) and a few bluff club draws we beat like 65-T9c and some Axc (debatable - i can't see him flatting too many of these preflop) totaling smth like 10 combos i guess at best. And that's assuming he'd take all his flush draws this far.. Note I don't have Qx stuff (or AQ) in there, which we lose to anyway, since i can't see him firing away the turn with these..

His 10 combo bluffs make up ~25% of his range and it looks like this is not enough..

Final thought, I can't see how this passive line is better than you taking control and going for a c-bet or x/r on the flop.. is this what the rpc coach suggested?

I'd love to see what actually went down, and hear other opinions on this..
  • ChipDouglas1ChipDouglas1 Red Chipper Posts: 95 ✭✭
    I call and the villain shows A10o for a busted draw.
  • FilthyCasualFilthyCasual Red Chipper Posts: 871 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Flop seems like a good one to check raise to me, because I don't really see combos here where you are way behind. KK + QQ would likely raise pre, 22s I really don't think are here too often, leaving KQ the only (likely) hand that has you beat. You have blockers and I really think that a lot of KQo is going to fold, leaving only 2 combos of KQs on the flop. I guess it worked out continuing to feed villain the rope to hang themselves

I'm probably cbetting TPTK though without having any idea how CO plays, but my cbet range is incredeibly high, so I have to have everything somewhat value in it
  • shaneshane Red Chipper Posts: 35 ✭✭
    @nikos The AQ was a bad example, for some reason I missed the river being a third Q. I'll pay better attention to hand breakdowns going forward.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file