Out of my element

dirty moosedirty moose Red Chipper Posts: 482 ✭✭✭
edited February 2016 in Online Poker Hands
I don't play on-line. I threw a few bucks on there to pass the time and to see some hands.
ARC $25NL

I've been a bit active 3-betting at this table. I just 3-bet the villain a hand earlier. No other reads.
Hero is on the button with :Qd :Qh

MP3: $26.91 (107.6 bb)
CO: $7.78 (31.1 bb)
Hero (BTN): $26.50 (106 bb)
SB: $16.45 (65.8 bb)
BB: $12.42 (49.7 bb)
UTG+1: $28.74 (115 bb)
UTG+2: $25 (100 bb)
MP1: $8.64 (34.6 bb)
MP2: $40.76 (163 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with Q:heart: Q:club:
UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 raises to $0.75, 4 folds, Hero raises to $2.50, 2 folds, UTG+2 raises to $6, Hero calls $3.50

Flop: ($12.35) :8d :4s :5s (2 players)
UTG+2 bets $8

Hero?

Comments

• ElandraelElandrael Red Chipper Posts: 23
    edited February 2016
    At a full ring online, you must respect early raises a 4bet usualy means a very strong range. Without knowing the VILLAIN I would assume a 4bet UTG+2 is minimum AKs.

I call once and play from there. If he shoves the turn, I may strongly think to fold.
  • FilthyCasualFilthyCasual Red Chipper Posts: 871 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Pretty bluff catcher!

People that are multitabling are more incentivized to drop weaker holdings in EP, so I also get the idea that this is a nutted range
  • shaneshane Red Chipper Posts: 35 ✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Elandrael wrote: »
    At a full ring online, you must respect early raises a 4bet usualy means a very strong range. Without knowing the VILLAIN I would assume a 4bet UTG+2 is minimum AKs.

I call once and play from there. If he shoves the turn, I may strongly think to fold.

I agree with Elandrael.

I would slow down here and just call to cut off the action. An argument could be made for a strong pot bet here but with the villains aggressiveness the whole way they may have AA / KK but I think AKs is very likely here. Just call and hope the turn and river are kind. If a A / K or any spade comes I'm folding.
  • nickyblindsnickyblinds Red Chipper Posts: 33 ✭✭
    Maybe my thought process is wrong but with a SPR less than two I feel I'm committed to the pot. Even giving villain a tight range of JJ+, AK , according to equilab, your basically a coin flip pre and post flop. Expand the range to 88+,AQs+,AKo, and your equity goes up to about 60%. Add in any fold equity against AK, AQ type hands I think its an easy shove. With the raise to 2.50 your already committing 10% of the eff stack. with the 4 bet to 6 I think you have to decide preflop whether to call with the idea to stack off or just fold pre. Also you said you have been "active" 3 betting which should give you a loose perceived range which would in turn induce a wider range to 4 bet you. I hope my thoughts are clear. Curious to hear what others think
    Hello Nickyblinds,

The initial raiser is UTG+2 ... I don't think VILLAIN's range is JJ+, AK on a 4bet pot.

Without more information on VILLAIN, he is more on a QQ+, AK range IMHO, which make us a underdog with 40% equity, if you remove AKo it's a lot worth we only have 28.5% equity.

QQ is a pretty hand, but not facing a 4bet from early position on a fullring game. I think that we would need more info on VILLAIN to be ok with thinking of stacking off in that spot.
  • dirty moosedirty moose Red Chipper Posts: 482 ✭✭✭
    Thank you guys for all your responses. Apperantly I need to relocate the fold button both live and on line.

In retrospect his $8 bet into a $12 pot is a large bet. Big bet after a 4 bet pre usually means business.

Like the donkey I am, I shipped it and he snapped with Kk and I revered a Q.
    About the only run good I've had in a while.

Thanks for the responses.
    Matt
  • FilthyCasualFilthyCasual Red Chipper Posts: 871 ✭✭✭
    Thank you guys for all your responses. Apperantly I need to relocate the fold button both live and on line.
    Not saying I would have made this fold by any means, but looking at it just seems like we are beat.
    With the spr, as @nickyblinds mentioned, I don't think you should beat yourself up too much. Not sure if ACR does any kind of Stat tracking, but I'm thinking I could find a justification to call such as villain was just attacking the button or something. If the villain can ever be bluffing, it can't be that bad either.
    Does the villains 4 bet range always have to be that tight?
    Is it possible he 4bets 88 99 AQ etc to take down the pot pre? I play mostly 6max but still. QQ+,AK just seems to tight without any other info.
    Does the villains 4 bet range always have to be that tight?

No.
    Elandrael wrote:

We don't have more info on the player. As a starting point and until you are proven wrong you have to think your opponent is straight forward.
    Is it possible he 4bets 88 99 AQ etc to take down the pot pre? I play mostly 6max but still. QQ+,AK just seems to tight without any other info.

You are right, in 6 max ranges are different, and the meta kicks in more quickly do to the format.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file