DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BB: $26.10
UTG: $44.79
CO: $25.73
BTN: $62.87
Hero (SB): $31.34

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is SB with Aspade.gif 8spade.gif
2 folds, BTN raises to $0.50, Hero raises to $2, 1 fold, BTN calls $1.50

Flop: ($4.25) Qheart.gif 8heart.gif Qspade.gif (2 players)
Hero bets $2.11, BTN calls $2.11

Turn: ($8.47) Tspade.gif (2 players)
Hero????

Comments

• SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 3,975 -
    If you bet, what do you think happens?
    If you check, what do you think happens?
  • TheDukezTheDukez Red Chipper Posts: 11
    edited February 2016
    If I bet he will:
    -jam his qx's and straight
    -call Tx's and 8x's , fullhouse's and draws

If I check:
    - he will bet his qx's, straights and draws
    - check behind (or bet) his t's and 8's ?
  • evpropevprop Red Chipper Posts: 62 ✭✭
    If I bet, I may not get to see a river and end up folding a chunk of equity???

If i check, I may get to see a river with some showdown value or big showdown value???

hope this isnt classed as hijacking a thread, if it is i apologise.
  • Riverboat BillRiverboat Bill Red Chipper Posts: 452 ✭✭
    I would check/fold. V has position and a paired board. Qs can hit a lot of the Vs range, So many draws he can rep, makes it hard to call a bet. Also, he did not raise your flop bet. So if you think he's drawing, the T could hit his range.
  • TheDukezTheDukez Red Chipper Posts: 11
    edited February 2016
    evprop wrote: »
    If I bet, I may not get to see a river and end up folding a chunk of equity???

If i check, I may get to see a river with some showdown value or big showdown value???

hope this isnt classed as hijacking a thread, if it is i apologise.

Jup, problem is there are good arguments for all betlines (driving me nuts). Prob with c/c is how to get value when you hit an A, 8 or flush? If he has a marginal hand he will check behind the river, so what will we do if we hit the river? Donkbet?

If we cbet and he jams, which he does with q's and his straight, we can fold easily, if he calls I think he caps his range at draws, T's and 8's, which if we hit the river, we can cbet the river small, where this LAG will realise he has to turn his 8's t's and missed (flush) draw into a bluff? Which means big value.

c/r I think can also be plausible, his range on the turn is still prety wide, and if we check we win an extra bet if he bet his air, which we will raise on, taking the pot down 2/3 of the time, and if called we have some equity to hit on vs most of his hands?

c/f I THINK is too weak, cause he still has hands in his range we beat, and have equity vs his range that beats our hand.

What to do? Maybe this is a spot to balance? Somewhere a leak in my thinking progress?
  • f.sorschf.sorsch Red Chipper Posts: 11
    I think check raising here could be the way to go. He will bet with air almost all the time in my opinion and then fold to a raise. If he calls, we get to see the river with a big juicy pot knowing we can shove on any spade or any 8. Anything other then a spade or an 8 will be an easy check fold. If he shoves over our bet we can also fold knowing we were way behind. If he for some reason checks back well then we get to see a free river card and we can take the same line, bet any spade or 8 big and check fold anything else.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file