kq again in a tuff spot

philby20philby20 Red Chipper Posts: 189 ✭✭
i was playing a 1-3 game the other day and was dealt kqs in the bb naturally there were about 4 limpers and the small blind completed so i bumped it up to 25 and villain utg+1 called every1 else folded
flop comes :Qs:Th:7s
pot =$60

i c bet for around $40 villain calls
turn is :Td
i bet $65 villain calls
river card :7c
i check villain goes all in for hes last $100
i think for a moment and think a bit more and because it is a turbo game u only get x amount of time theres a shot clock but u have the option to bye extra 30sec for $1 which goes in the pot so well thinking i decided to bye time and my opponent was wearing headphones and miss understood my intention to bye time as a call and went to turn hes hand face up in an instant but was stopped before any1 could see hes cards. After i seen this i figured he has to have me beat in my experience people with the best hand cant wait to table there cards and people bluffing usually dont want to show there garbage, so even though i was getting great pot odds i think i made a correct fold and saved a $100 dollars.
anyone disagree or agree with me thoughts are always appreciated

Comments

• SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,082 -
    That rule certainly allows for this kind of angle-shoot (not that I think you were exploiting the angle fwiw)

That being said, I agree that you should fold once this info comes out.

But, if you check the flop what do you think villain does?
    📑 Grab my custom poker spreadsheet pack right now.
    📘 Start the Preflop & Math Poker Workbook today.
  • persuadeopersuadeo Red Chipper Posts: 4,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand the tell and you may well have used it correctly, but this is not a fold in a vacuum.

The spade draw incentivizes villain to raise his value for protection, and by checking the river he can bluff his spades. He will check behind with QJ. He doesn't have a seven after the turn, and should rip in A10 on the turn.

I am not checking this river, because I'm not going to check AKs, AQ, AA or KJ. I think this runout is a shove as part of an overall line.

The exception would be if villain is a slowplay artist.
  • philby20philby20 Red Chipper Posts: 189 ✭✭

But, if you check the flop what do you think villain does?[/quote]

i think in this passive type game had i checked the flop villain would have checked behind most of the time had he bet do u think it might have been a good spot for a check raise.

i see where your coming from persuadeo there where a lot of flush and straight draws that might have missed on the river i was very much on the fence with this hand and the tell i got from opponent steered me to folding, he never has a seven there but the 10 was in hes range most players will stick around with middle pair in that spot but yeah he probly would have raised the turn for protection like you said and then my checking the river invites him to bluff all hes weak hands and value bet hes good hands, i guess i probly could have checked called the river in an attemt to get him to bluff hes missed draws with the plan on calling him. thanks for the feed back
  • SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,082 -
    philby20 wrote: »
    i think in this passive type game had i checked the flop villain would have checked behind most of the time had he bet do u think it might have been a good spot for a check raise.

It's only a 3.5 SPR pot give or take...so I look to CR it fairly often, yes - unless villain is the kind of player who is going to check behind quite often.
    📑 Grab my custom poker spreadsheet pack right now.
    📘 Start the Preflop & Math Poker Workbook today.
    Hypothetically had I check raised flop say villain bet 25 and I bumped it up to 70 or so how are you playing on the turn and river on this particular run out would you just keep barrelling and if so what cards would cause u to let off the gas

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file