My Personal Poker Improvement Challenge!

f.sorschf.sorsch Red Chipper Posts: 11
Hey there RCP!

So long story short I've set myself a challenge to help improve my poker game. Every week I'll be choosing a topic from SplitSuit's "Dynamic Full Ring Poker" and exploring it, challenging myself to implement said idea in my own game. I'll then be posting a hand history every day of the week in the forum where I use the idea. I'll be breaking down the hands using various tools like Flopzilla, Equilab and some spreadsheets found on the RCP poker site.

For the inaugural week of the challenge I've chosen to work on squeezing! Squeezing is something I've always wanted to add to my game but never really understood well enough to do so.

So let's break it down:

A squeeze is essentially a 3-bet made after an open raise has been made and at least 1 player has called in front of us. The point of the bet is to pick up all the dead money that has been put into the middle. Important things to consider are: the ranges of the open raiser, the ranges of any callers and of course our own hand.

So there we have it, this is my challenge for the week. This week (and probably most other weeks) I'll be playing 5NL on PokerStars. I'll be posting my first hand history sometime tomorrow, and I'll comment in the discussion when it goes up!

Also, I invite anyone and everyone to participate by joining me in this challenge, by discussing what goes into a good squeeze below, or by commenting on the hands I post during the week!

Thanks everyone!
-Frank

Comments

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file