PLO River Play

zagaresezagarese Red Chipper Posts: 200 ✭✭
Hero is BB with $31.13. Holding :8s :Qh :9h :Ks

Table is 4 handed.

Villian is UTG/CO with $8.47. Note on him says "same player. Make him gamble more"

Villain raises to $0.70, btn folds, SB folds, Hero calls. Pot $1.43.

Flop :6s :2h :3h

Hero checks. Villian checks.

Turn :8d .

Hero bets $0.95. Villian raises to $1.90. Hero calls. Pot $5.04.

River :7h

Hero checks. Villian bets $3.80 into

I'm interested in what Hero does here and most importantly why.

Comments

• SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,010 -
    So he's trying to rep :Ah :5h :4s :Xd or something similar? His line feels quite nutty.

I think I just c/f and give credit. His line makes no sense as a bluff (especially that turn raise size) and there are some reasonable enough combos that would take this line compared to the :8h :6h :Xc :Xs kinds of combos.
  • zagaresezagarese Red Chipper Posts: 200 ✭✭
    Are you assuming plo8? This is straight hi.
    I thought it was high-only, yes. Something like A54x with nut hearts makes sense since he has the nut with a nut redraw and doesn't have to worry about anything beyond board pairs on future streets.
  • zagaresezagarese Red Chipper Posts: 200 ✭✭
    'K. Just checking to be sure.

In actual fact, I thought to myself 'he would've bet a flush draw on the flop' and then jammed.

He folded.

Most of my thinking was if he did hit a flush I beat all of the ones he would have bet on the flop and I thought I could get a straight to call, based on our dynamics.

But also - and the reason I posted this - if he had nothing with real value I would rather have him fold and not see my actual hand. Would rather have him assuming I'm jamming the nut flush.

So my question is/becomes - does anyone else see any value in information hiding this way?

zagarese wrote: »
    So my question is/becomes - does anyone else see any value in information hiding this way?

I sure do. There is a lot of value keeping people in the dark about your play - especially when you play against them often.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file