AQs Button

JulesJules Red Chipper Posts: 441 ✭✭✭
Hi all!
Played a live tourney Sat and one hand is eating at me.
This was a $150 bi 15k gt.
20k ss
20 min levels till registration over at 13 levels then goes to 30 min levels.

300/600/75

Hero on BU with around 60000 (100BB) AdQd
Villain 1 UTG 75000 (125BB)
Vilain 2 HJ 8k (13BB)

Never played with V1 but seemed to be a pretty solid player. Was making good decisions for the most part. Only thing was he had huge bet sizing tell. Raised big with big hands. LOL. So that was pretty awesome. V2 I've played with several times he's a little more of a loose player, but not gambley loose. If that makes sense. He hardly ever calls raises he 3 bets. Sometimes lite sometimes not.

V2 had just lost a huge hand with set over set and had announced he was going all in blind with his 8k. V1 was ready to open and everyone said to him he's going all in blind. So V1 makes it 5k. V2 happily pushes his stack out and I look down at AdQd on the button and say to V1 "really?" He responds with big bulging happy eyes "really!!" Of course I'm not worried one bit about V2.

OK so now what do you do with AdQd?
Flat 8 k (13bb) with a 60k stack and see a flop?
Do you fold?
Do you re raise knowing V1 has at least JJ+ ??

Hoping someone helps me feel better about the decision I made... :) LOL

Comments

• dirty moosedirty moose Red Chipper Posts: 482 ✭✭✭
    How certain are you, he has JJ+?
  • kg_bettorkg_bettor Red Chipper Posts: 34 ✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Are you closing the action? I don't think the re-raise by V2 is enough to re-open betting, correct? So V1 can't re-raise again? Seems worth seeing a flop with AQs and lots of dead money in the pot.

Then flop a flush. :)
  • JulesJules Red Chipper Posts: 441 ✭✭✭
    Pretty certain moose. As I said he was raising big with big hands. I know it sounds too good to be true. :)

Kg_ blinds still had to act. And I believe you are right that V1 wouldn't have been able to come over the top. There was 14575 in pot when it comes around to me. 8k to call. So I'm not quite getting 2:1. I see this happen all the time in tournies that people will make this call. But is this + EV to do so? I struggle with these types of situations particularly in tournies. Too many calls like this and you eventually have no chips. Except of course if you flop a flush. Lol :) so easy...
  • RCP Coach - Fausto ValdezRCP Coach - Fausto Valdez RCP Coach Posts: 859 ✭✭✭✭
    It really depends on the villains tendencies pre and post flop, what u think his opening range is thus far and the stage of the tournament

That being said it sounds like ure in the early sages possibly getting closer to antes and with blinds being this deep i would elect to default 3bet and be aggressive post depending on board texture, also if antes are nearing by u def want a deeper stack to put pressure and collect a lot of free dead money in the middle

All this makes life easier and u have a chance to gather 18bb uncontested
    COACHING NOW AVAILABLE HERE
    MY COACHING REVIEWS HERE
    Yes Fausto. Still fairly early stage. 300/600/75. So if i 3 bet this spot and UTG ships I call? That was my concern with 3 betting. Thought did cross my mind, and I thought if I do this we may be getting stacks in... Not really a spot I wanted to be in with 100bbs.
  • RCP Coach - Fausto ValdezRCP Coach - Fausto Valdez RCP Coach Posts: 859 ✭✭✭✭
    Jules wrote: »
    Yes Fausto. Still fairly early stage. 300/600/75. So if i 3 bet this spot and UTG ships I call? That was my concern with 3 betting. Thought did cross my mind, and I thought if I do this we may be getting stacks in... Not really a spot I wanted to be in with 100bbs.

If antes kicked in u might be mid early or just mid in general so keep that in mind. Also we dont want to not do a move in fear of what could happen, you just have to understand the type of oppnent ure up against.

So against a tag who hasnt gotten crazy pre i would default fold, agaisnt an obvious lag/ maniac who has 4bet a few times and has CR or re raised a ton post flop i will ship this in their face

Or u could take other lines like flatting his 4bet and shipping it post flop no mater what by CR or jamming over the top. All of this is assuming he has a light 4betting range but u better be damm sure about this most of the time

and if u happen to be wrong it happens but most of the times they cant call u based on how light their 4betting range is. Even post flop theyr only hope is to cbet and take it down
    COACHING NOW AVAILABLE HERE
    MY COACHING REVIEWS HERE
    edited March 2016

Thank you for the input. The fear keeps me from winning a huge chip stack at times. I think about all these things and talk myself out of hands. V1 was def more TAG
  • BenLeewoodBenLeewood Red Chipper Posts: 285 ✭✭
    If you think JJ+....it's an easy fold. AQs looks amazing until a solid player is in a big pot. Not to mention this tilting Villian is calling with live cards most likely. You can rule out dominating him since he most likely doesn't have an Ace blank. So in that case, you and Villian 2 may be sharing a card. Which makes tilter more live to triple up with his random hand. You can get out without putting a cent in this pot. Call me timid but in a tournament, chips saved are chips earned.

The only thing that could flop that you'd feel great about is a Q high and 2 diamonds, 3 diamonds or K J T. If an Ace hits the flop, your in a tough spot. By tough, I mean, very possibly going broke to either AK, KK or AA. It sounds like you think this other Villian is a solid player who is certainly capable of having these hands. Especially AK.

Can't wait to hear results.
    BenLeewood wrote: »
    If you think JJ+....it's an easy fold. AQs looks amazing until a solid player is in a big pot.

I did fold....
    BenLeewood wrote: »
    The only thing that could flop that you'd feel great about is a Q high and 2 diamonds, 3 diamonds or K J T.
    Can't wait to hear results.

How about flop comes Q2Q. Lol. V1 had JJ. I was a little frustrated seeing the result, but I really felt my preflop decision was correct. The biggest thing I've learned from Splitsuit is to really think through the hand... Think about why I would fold, raise, or call. I knew I couldn't just call, and a reraise may have been for stacks.... So I opted to fold. Thanks for the input guys. Love to hear if anyone thinks I should have played it differently.

• BenLeewoodBenLeewood Red Chipper Posts: 285 ✭✭
    Still a good fold. Keep on keeping on. You're on the right track.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file