25NL vs an okay TAG, what line to take on the turn?

TheDukezTheDukez Red Chipper Posts: 11
Poker Stars $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players

Hero (BTN): $25.35
SB: $28.88
BB: $35.43
UTG: $44.85
CO: $25.22

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BTN with Jclub.gif Qclub.gif
UTG raises to $0.75, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.75, SB calls $0.65, 1 fold

Flop: ($2.50) Kspade.gif Tdiamond.gif 8club.gif (3 players)
SB checks, UTG bets $1.80, Hero calls $1.80, SB folds

Turn: ($6.10) 9club.gif (2 players)
UTG bets $3.88, Hero calls $3.88

So, villian UTG opens 17% utg, Im on the BTN with a nice hand which im considering to 3bet, cause he opens wide utg and has a low 4bet stat from utg (1%). But I call because I want to involve a huge passive fish in the SB. Flop play is standard, then we hit the nuts on the turn, so how are we going to play this?
He bets 3,88 into 6,10 while we have 22,80 behind? If I raise, wouldnt I play my hand face up? Cause if I minraise (or more) and he calls we have an SPR less then 1 on the river (something he will think of). On the other side I feel a little dumb and too passive not raising here cause I have the nuts and he has some strong hands in his range?

Question 1: Is the 3bet consideration okay?
Question 2: Raise? If yes how much and why? Or call, if call, why?

Comments

• SullySully Red Chipper Posts: 773 ✭✭✭
    1. Hand is a little light to 3 bet, especially vs UTG open. Like the call

2. I am always aiming for stacks. To get his, you are going to have to raise sometime. Now is the time. If he has nothing, you will never get another dime anyway. If he has a set or straight or lower flush then it is essential you act now before an action killing card rolls off on the river. I would raise to $13 which is approx half his stack
  • SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,011 -
    If you were to call on the turn, what is villain likely to do on any 6-A that falls on the river?
  • Wiki_LeaksWiki_Leaks Red Chipper Posts: 563 ✭✭✭
    What are you doing with Ac2c? AcQx? TJ?

What is he doing with AK? AA? KQ?
  • TheDukezTheDukez Red Chipper Posts: 11
    edited March 2016
    SplitSuit wrote: »
    If you were to call on the turn, what is villain likely to do on any 6-A that falls on the river?

I think he would check to me on most of these cards, but still calls a bet from me on the river.

I think that if I raise the turn he is capable of folding ak kq or even aa, because I have so many sets, two pairs and straights in my range. Thus missing the bet he would call if he checked to me on the river. I know he also has sets in his range, but there are many more weaker holdings in his range.

Am I wrong, am I missing something?

• SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,011 -
    If that's your thinking, just make sure you raise a TON of air on the turn.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file