Bad Turn Decision?

Patrick LawlerPatrick Lawler Red Chipper Posts: 108 ✭✭
Hi Guys,

First time poster so be kind haha. I've recently set a goal to record a minimum of two hand per live session and try to get some feedback from you lovely people so please do make any suggestions for imporving future posts etc...

Anyways... Im holding :8h:8s SB at a £1/£1 game with £200 in front. The game is playing very loose with 4/8 seats being filled with four friends all at the wrong end of a big drinking session.

UTG (one of the drinkers) raises to £5
Folds to Hero, we call. BB folds

:Jc:4c:7h

Hero checks, UTG bets 15. As i say this has been a loose game and Cbets are standard so we're not going away right now. Hero calls

:8c

Hero checks again, UTG bets £20, I go in to auto-pilot and put him all in for his remaining £90 and he folds after saying its obv I have the flush (ooops missed value...)

I wish I could give some explanation for the turn shove but I don't have it... Is there ever any value to this turn move or have I effectively just turned my set in to a bluff?

Comments

• GabeyJGabeyJ Red Chipper Posts: 436 ✭✭✭
    There is nothing wrong with this line he just didn't have anything
  • Ranceg29Ranceg29 Red Chipper Posts: 145 ✭✭
    If hes drunk as explained theres a lot of hands he can call you with. The shoves fine. Like GabeyJ says he has nothing. Hope you continue to post hands and get a lot of value out of the forums.
  • BenLeewoodBenLeewood Red Chipper Posts: 285 ✭✭
    edited March 2016
    With 60 in the pot, 90 seems to be a pretty standard 3 bet. Just unlucky he had napkins. If he held :As:Js he would have snap called. Which would be the correct thing to do with the straightforward betting line here.
  • Patrick LawlerPatrick Lawler Red Chipper Posts: 108 ✭✭
    Thanks for the feedback guys; I think straight after the hand I though I might have been in a 'only getting called by better' situation. But if I had thought it through you're right, there is so much a drunk player is gonna call off with. Plus, I still have equity even if they have the flush.

Good to see my autopilot makes good decision even if I don't haha

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file