When should I get up?

black_mage1985black_mage1985 Red Chipper Posts: 19
I am currently grinding a very juicy live game in my city where the minimum buyin is £20 for 20 bigs. I have a roll of c. £1500 and I am trying to work out when I should leave because my stack has got too big. I am a conservative person by nature and this roll has taken me ages to acquire and I dont have an easy way to replace it.

My luxury is that this game is available every night and is convenient for me and I have an abundance of time with which to build my roll. I currently leave the game when I get to about £100. Thoughts?

Best Answer

Answers

• black_mage1985black_mage1985 Red Chipper Posts: 19
    Thanks for the tips. I am confident playing these stack sizes, i used to 4 table 10NL zoom which is a far stronger game than this, and i know the necessary adjustments to make, its purely an exposure to risk consideration
  • JesseJesse Red Chipper Posts: 134 ✭✭
  • ChipXtractorChipXtractor Red Chipper Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭✭
    I am currently grinding a very juicy live game in my city where the minimum buyin is £20 for 20 bigs. I have a roll of c. £1500 and I am trying to work out when I should leave because my stack has got too big. I am a conservative person by nature and this roll has taken me ages to acquire and I dont have an easy way to replace it.

My luxury is that this game is available every night and is convenient for me and I have an abundance of time with which to build my roll. I currently leave the game when I get to about £100. Thoughts?

All about your current level of comfort and skill. I got deep in a $5-10 home game recently and was literally freaking out about the actual money in play. That was a recipe for disaster.

Just be honest with yourself about what the money means to you and your bankroll and how it is effecting you mentally and strategically in the game. Make the best choices you can based on those answers. Good luck.

cXt
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I am 200bb deep and the table is overly aggressive and everyone seems to be getting deep I would switch tables where they let me rebuy for 100bb again. If the game is passive there is not much to worry about except coolers. I usually try and set timed goals (doesn't work well when im stuck) for when I leave rather then actual win or loss goals.

Also as a short stack you should have a pretty high variance in terms of buyins if you are pushing your edges. Maybe just try and set a stop loss, time limit, or leave if you get tilted. I use to have a 4 buyin limit when I was grinding and felt that was the amount where it just wasn't my day and no matter how well i thought i was playing i wasn't seeing clear. Also need to ask yourself the question of why you are playing the game?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file