QQ vs. a 4-bet Shove

TableboyTableboy Red Chipper Posts: 18 ✭✭
Playing online at Bovada 25nl.

Fishy player limps in EP, BTN isolates to 5x ($1.25), I 3-bet QQ in SB to $4. I figure he's isolating slightly tighter given his larger bet sizing, but I still think I'm ahead of his BTN isolation range.
He shoves all-in ($15) vs. my 3-bet.

My logic in calling was that I think a lot of players will do this with JJ, TT, and possibly 99 after isolating, not wanting to fold their pairs. Additionally, he could be doing this with AQ potentially, although I think this is less likely. Also since he didn't buy in for a full stack, I thought these type of stack offs could be more likely.

Obviously he's shoving AA-KK and probably AK, but generally I have pretty good equity against this range. Even against a range of JJ+ and AK I have 45% worst case scenario, but I thought his range is probably wider than that.

What do you all think? Is my call too thin? Do you think he's shoving a tighter range than I thought?

Comments

• FilthyCasualFilthyCasual Red Chipper Posts: 871 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    I don't think you can fold QQS for 60 BBs

Let alone if you think the but could be raising light.
  • ZacShawZacShaw Red Chipper Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
    I would ask the following question: Were one or more players ahead of him playing loose and aggressive? If he could count on getting raised with an EP limp, that increases chances that the limp/4-bet is a planned trap with AA, KK, AK.

I feel like some fishy players will be making this move with hands you could theoretically fold to, but that's probably not happening enough of the time not to call w/QQ. They have AK, AQ, JJ, TT too often here.

The only way you can fold here is if you have tons of data that this person is a super nit and wouldn't be making this move with a better hand. Even then, I would think few will fault you for calling here. That's my 2c.
  • kg_bettorkg_bettor Red Chipper Posts: 34 ✭✭
    I think it was the button that isolate raised/4- bet shoved, not the EP limper.
  • TableboyTableboy Red Chipper Posts: 18 ✭✭
    kg_bettor wrote: »
    I think it was the button that isolate raised/4- bet shoved, not the EP limper.

You are correct, I should have made it clearer
  • rexusrexus Red Chipper Posts: 14 ✭✭
    It'a a plus EV call even if you give Villain a very tight range( KK+ and AK+). I would call and not worry about it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file