Fold KK after villain's reraise for value?

MichaelStoneMichaelStone Red Chipper Posts: 3
In the past two months, I lost the whole stack in the same kind of scenario - once the oponnent reraised my bet on a straighty board, in other two cases when I believe he's got a set.

Generally, you have to decide - should I continue even there is a strong probability of his set or just fold KK again? There is of course some money in the pot already, SPR is under 2.

What would you do?

Comments

• AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Player dependant. If no read i usually go with it assuming i have some back door equity. For example 4s5s8c i would hope to have Kskh for back door spades at least. On a 9TJ board i find they will have it more often then not since big majority of someones calling range is middling cards and pairs. Have to pay attention to what people raise with post flop. If you seen them raise draws go with it. If they are passive pick a better spot. If they don't raise 99 on 653 and just call your cbet but this hand you got raised i am more likely to fold.
  • GabeyJGabeyJ Red Chipper Posts: 436 ✭✭✭
    Hand history would make it easier to have this discussion
  • Ranceg29Ranceg29 Red Chipper Posts: 145 ✭✭
    SPR under 2 is usually stack off territory with big overpairs. I guess a little more info would help like GabeyJ said.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file