Fun runout in deep game

Wiki_LeaksWiki_Leaks Red Chipper Posts: 564 ✭✭✭
Its the 3 am no foldem holdem festival of 2016, philadelphia, PA.

1/3 everyone has at least 600, i have 1050. I open :Kd:Jd to 30 in MP. button and both blinds call.

Flop comes :9s:Th:Qs and both blinds check. I bet 135 and only BB calls who has me covered. He is drunk and He loves calling with draws.

Turn is :As

He checks and i bet 150, he calls fairly quickly. At this point i do t think i can bet river and get any calls from worse.

River is Ah and he leads 150.

Questions:

I bet a bit over pot but maybe something like 180-225 might have been better. Hes calling all 2pair. Qx with the :As or :Ks, 78, and 99,TT,JJ, and all flush draws.

Turn is obviously terrible because its both an action killer and a flush filler for the fish who loves his draws. Looking back i think it might have been better to check turn and make river decisions based on his bet size and the runout. I bet because i think i might still get value from sets and 2p. This is why the sizing was smaller.

Comments

• philby20philby20 Red Chipper Posts: 189 ✭✭
    getting better then 4 to 1 on a call i would call with out a second thought maybe you loose x % of the time but at that price you would have to call and hes $150 river donk seems a little weak to me if he did have a lock hand most players are going to bet around $300 + it seems more like he has a hand that he doesnt want to call a big river bet from you, so hes trying to set the price, i dont think raising hes bet accomplishes anything but calling seems fine to me what did he have i would guess q10 or 910 or q9
  • Wiki_LeaksWiki_Leaks Red Chipper Posts: 564 ✭✭✭
    Ya i think i have to call river based on the silly bet sizing. My main questions were mostly flop bet sizing and whether to bet turn though.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file