RCP East Coast Meetup

ChipXtractorChipXtractor Red Chipper Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭✭
So I know many of us are planning on being out in Vegas for the RCP meetup during the WSOP in June. It also seems that we might have a ton on people on the boards who are in the North East and might not be able to make it to Vegas.

I was thinking it might be cool for us to schedule a sort of East Coast RCP Meetup of our own. I don't really expect that the RCP Pro's would be able to make it out here but of course that would be great if any of them could. No pressure...lol

Just figured I would start a thread floating the idea and see if there is any interest? Maybe sometime in May? AC or some other poker venue in the N.E. would be good for me.

If anyone has interest in getting together just leave a reply and maybe we can get this thing going. Would be a lot of fun to put some faces to the names.

cXt

p.s. If we get enough people I am sure we can take over a table somewhere and swap each others money for a few hours. #GoodTimes

Comments

• napncrashnapncrash Red Chipper Posts: 36 ✭✭
  • thepokermonkthepokermonk Red Chipper Posts: 320 ✭✭✭
    I would definitely be on board with this. AC would work, some place in PA like Parx would be cool. This is a great idea, ChipXtractor.
  • Wiki_LeaksWiki_Leaks Red Chipper Posts: 564 ✭✭✭
    Ya parx for sure. Def in on that whenever!
  • ChipXtractorChipXtractor Red Chipper Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭✭
    I like Parx. I am not really sure about bars, restaurants, hotels (prob. Stay night if socializing/drinking) or other places to just chill and chat. I generally just go to Parx to play and then go home.

In AC (Borgata?) might have a few more options...? But I am cool with anywhere on east coast from Fox/Mohegan down to Maryland Live.

cXt
  • ZacShawZacShaw Red Chipper Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
    As a NY'er I am into this & will be there if I can make it.
  • rexusrexus Red Chipper Posts: 14 ✭✭
    I'm a Long Islander and would definitely make a RCP East Coast meet up. Mohegan Sun, Parx, Sands Bethlehem are all good choices.
  • Christian SotoChristian Soto RCP Coach Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭✭
    "Don't really expect that the RCP Pro's would be able to make it out here" - ChipX

You know I live out here right?
  • AcesaladAcesalad Red Chipper Posts: 240 ✭✭
    Parx is probably the shortest drive for me. I'm on Long Island too @rexus. Maybe we could car pool.
    "Don't really expect that the RCP Pro's would be able to make it out here" - ChipX

lol. Yeah I know your on the east coast. Thought you might be in Vegas smashing those tourneys like you have been lately. Did not want to put anyone on the spot. I am sure a lot of guys would love to meet up and chat a bit with you if you can make it.

So looks like we will get plenty of interest if we set a date. Parx seems like a favorite of everyone so far. I wonder if someone who knows the place a bit better than me (outside the poker room) can maybe chime in on a good spot to eat or hang out and grab a few drinks?

I am thinking maybe mid-late May? On a Sunday? 5/22/16?

cXt
    Acesalad wrote: »
    Parx is probably the shortest drive for me. I'm on Long Island too @rexus. Maybe we could car pool.

I would be up for a car pool. Thing is I most likely will want to stay overnight no matter where we go so not sure if that would work...

cXt
  • Christian SotoChristian Soto RCP Coach Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Plan it during the Parx Big Stax series in May and there is a real chance I go

I wasnt gonna point it out but LOL.

Big stax gets super nuts (50+ names on lists.) on weekends, at least while smaller BI tourneys run.
  • GabeyJGabeyJ Red Chipper Posts: 436 ✭✭✭
    There are a ton of option to eat inside and out of Parx Its a pretty busy area
  • dirty moosedirty moose Red Chipper Posts: 482 ✭✭✭
    I'm definitely interested as well.
    Plan it during the Parx Big Stax series in May and there is a real chance I go

tried to look up the dates for that...couldnt find anything online. Anyone have a link to a schedule?
    All the info is on bravo
  • Eon137Eon137 Red Chipper Posts: 196 ✭✭✭
    I'm in upstate NY (Near Albany) and could make a trip in that time frame. Foxwoods is about the closest to me (excluding Turning Stone, which is probably way out of the way for most others). AC is kind of far, but not out of the question. I've never been to Parx, but it looks like it about a 4 hour drive from me, so that could work for me also.
  • Eon137Eon137 Red Chipper Posts: 196 ✭✭✭
    Does Parx have a hotel?
  • Chris Da Cobra FreyChris Da Cobra Frey Red Chipper Posts: 1
    I'd def be interested....Being in the sticks of LI is the only issue, so anywhere that has lodging and a place to slap a burger down the throat is good. I may have a few other members of my league to join in the festivities if there's a need or if room.
    Eon137 wrote: »
    Does Parx have a hotel?

Nothing on the premises. There's quite a few motels around. Parx can give you a poker rate for them.
  • AcesaladAcesalad Red Chipper Posts: 240 ✭✭

I would be up for a car pool. Thing is I most likely will want to stay overnight no matter where we go so not sure if that would work...

cXt

I may be up for staying over too. So carpooling is still possibility. We can talk more when things start to get finalized.

Sounds like there are a few LIers so maybe we can there will be a few of us in the car.
  • nickyblindsnickyblinds Red Chipper Posts: 33 ✭✭
    I could definitely make AC. Borgata has all the amenities.
    Wiki_Leaks wrote: »
    All the info is on bravo

So it looks like Sunday the 22nd of May is at the very end of the series. Might be a good date for this.
    Eon137 wrote: »
    I'm in upstate NY (Near Albany) and could make a trip in that time frame. Foxwoods is about the closest to me (excluding Turning Stone, which is probably way out of the way for most others). AC is kind of far, but not out of the question. I've never been to Parx, but it looks like it about a 4 hour drive from me, so that could work for me also.

Very cool Eon. Would say all signs are pointing towards us doing this at Parx.
    I'd def be interested....Being in the sticks of LI is the only issue, so anywhere that has lodging and a place to slap a burger down the throat is good. I may have a few other members of my league to join in the festivities if there's a need or if room.

I am farther out in the sticks than you my friend. :)

There are a few hotels that you can get a poker rate at from Parx. If you look on the Parx website they list 2 or 3 hotels and the discount codes. Invite as many people as you like. The more the merrier.
    I may be up for staying over too. So carpooling is still possibility. We can talk more when things start to get finalized.

Sounds like there are a few LIers so maybe we can there will be a few of us in the car.

It is a good possibility we can pull off some sort of car pooling effort.
    I could definitely make AC. Borgata has all the amenities.

I would be up for AC as well but I think Parx might work better for most people. Hopefully you can make it if Parx is the choice.

cXt

• RCP Coach - Fausto ValdezRCP Coach - Fausto Valdez RCP Coach Posts: 859 ✭✭✭✭
    Im down for this, im in manhattan and could reach any of those place just post what date this is going down
    COACHING NOW AVAILABLE HERE
    MY COACHING REVIEWS HERE
    Where in Manhattan do you live?
    Where in Manhattan do you live?

Im in harlem, 146st, i was actually gonna hit u up in DM since i notice from the podcast ure in NY also
    MY COACHING REVIEWS HERE
    You have skype?
    You have skype?

Yeap Faustovaldez123
    MY COACHING REVIEWS HERE
    I added you to Skype
    I added you to Skype

Awesome well talk soon
    MY COACHING REVIEWS HERE

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file