9 Ts

mbehr1983mbehr1983 Red Chipper Posts: 635 ✭✭✭
S190 H9T♦P MP2
3 Limps in front I decide to limp instead of bloating the pot. Knowing maniac probably will raise. He does 10 UTG1 calls Hero calls
pot 33
Flop 9♠T♠6♥ I flopped gin I know this is maniacs range but put his range on flush draw with maybe a pair or an over pair but pre he would raise more with over and air he loves playing suited cards
UTG1 leads 3 (wtf)I call hoping maniac raises to setup shove.he does makes 50 I shove 173 all in he snaps. I know if I fold pre this doesn't happen. I want to hear about how it played after flop or if I should be raising but didn't want to bloat the pot. Raises have been going multiway

Comments

• AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    playing oop vs maniac with SCs is just gambling and putting yourself in tough spot post flop. I dont think you really have deep enough stack to be playing hands like these profitably with out the initiative. You are looking to flop a monster which doesn't happen often.

Post flop obviously going with your hand vs over pairs, combo draws, and maybe some over played TJ type hands.

Also why is this board maniac's range? You have two blockers to top and middle pair. I think he is only raising over pairs here mostly and big combo draws. Vs the donk bet I think you should be raising near pot size bet as your hand is very vulnerable and if villain decides to flat there are almost no good turn cards for you besides 2 through 5 that doesn't complete the flush.

If your in say first 4-5 spots I would just fold this pre unless its a straight forward passive game, which it probably isn't based on you saying you expected maniac to raise.

Future hands please post stake that you are playing and break down positions a little better.
  • mbehr1983mbehr1983 Red Chipper Posts: 635 ✭✭✭
    Ok it's a 1/2 game should of stayed that. Maniac Range is ATC from previous shows downs. If he has an over pair he bets more than 10 pre

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file