What hand would you stack off pre in a tournament?

Riverboat BillRiverboat Bill Red Chipper Posts: 454 ✭✭
WSOP
Main Event
Buy-in $10,000.
Level 4 150/300 Ante 25
Your stack size is $27,550.
You 3bet to 6,000 and villain shoves his 28.000 stack.
What hands would you call with
AA
KK
QQ
AKss
JJ

Reverse. Villain 3bets to 6,000
Which hands would you shove?

If you know to know more information, such as what color the villain's shirt is-just say if blah, blah,........ I would.

Comments

• blasterblaster Red Chipper Posts: 91 ✭✭
    AA. in this spot with no info on villain. If he is a proven nut job by lvl 4 widen it to KK AK.
  • blasterblaster Red Chipper Posts: 91 ✭✭
    Shoving on an open is totally different than calling it off. You can jam tons of hands if you are confident he opens wide but only calls it off with the percent of hands.
  • GabeyJGabeyJ Red Chipper Posts: 436 ✭✭✭
    I think in this tournament at this level you should be folding all but AA. There is such a long way to go it does t make sense to race for your tourney life
  • Riverboat BillRiverboat Bill Red Chipper Posts: 454 ✭✭
    blaster wrote: »
    AA. in this spot with no info on villain. If he is a proven nut job by lvl 4 widen it to KK AK.
    I agree, but I would only call with AA or KK against any villain at this level. I would shove AA, KK on anybody. You don't want to leave that early in the tournament, but having 56K+ at this level would give you a good start toward the money.

I am preparing for the WSOP. I won't be playing in the main, unless I win enough to freeroll it. I ran into this hand on a simulator. AA vs AK. I just could not see anybody stacking off with AK that early. I am not against gambling, but it has to be at the right time.

• GazelligGazellig RCP Coach Posts: 74 ✭✭
    How big is Villain's open where you're 3-betting to 6k at 150/300? Also, can you give positions of you and Villain as they are really important to start working out ranges here.
    Gazellig wrote: »
    How big is Villain's open where you're 3-betting to 6k at 150/300? Also, can you give positions of you and Villain as they are really important to start working out ranges here.
    Please read last line of original post.

• dirty moosedirty moose Red Chipper Posts: 482 ✭✭✭
    90 ish BB going in pre with no info.... Maybe Kk maybe not. Though decision. That's a lot of chips tho. And hell it's the main event with a super slow structure.
    90 ish BB going in pre with no info.... Maybe Kk maybe not. Though decision. That's a lot of chips tho. And hell it's the main event with a super slow structure.
    It is a simulator that is supposed to be reality based. This was a hand that leaped out at me because I wouldn't even feel comfortable about risking all my chips so early even with AA. I have seen live 4K pot between two very good players, all in pre AA vs AA and the board runs out four of one suit. You could call a bluff with AA and have that happen.
  • dirty moosedirty moose Red Chipper Posts: 482 ✭✭✭
    If you're not ready to get all your money in pre with AA..... You shouldn't be playing poker. I mean of you're not comfortable putting all your chips in pre with AA, what's the point of playing?

Other than certain situations of a satellite event, and maybe (I stress maybe) one or 2 other spots I can't see ever folding AA pre flop.

P. S. The other spot I might fold AA, other than that certain spot in a satellite event, if 7 people (or however many) go all in, in front of you and you can make some huge pay jumps in a tournament, if 6 of the 7 get knocked out, than it might be better to fold.

The satellite spot is similar to that example
    If you're not ready to get all your money in pre with AA..... You shouldn't be playing poker. I mean of you're not comfortable putting all your chips in pre with AA, what's the point of playing?

Other than certain situations of a satellite event, and maybe (I stress maybe) one or 2 other spots I can't see ever folding AA pre flop.

P. S. The other spot I might fold AA, other than that certain spot in a satellite event, if 7 people (or however many) go all in, in front of you and you can make some huge pay jumps in a tournament, if 6 of the 7 get knocked out, than it might be better to fold.

The satellite spot is similar to that example
    Not feeling comfortable and not doing it are two different things.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file