Hello all

BruboyBruboy Red Chipper Posts: 8
Hi all

I have seen poker as a recreational hobby for many years but have never really taken it seriously.

I have always taken a keen interest in the game but it's really only been through the occasional home game and some light online play (mainly 6 handed sit and go's).

Generally I have always excelled in my home game finishing in profit more often than not. Online I have been met with mixed success. I feel like when I really focus I can be a good solid player but a lot of the time I find myself playing very loose when I've not got much time and generally just messing around/fishing.

I'm at a stage now where I really want to improve my game and become a solid player - probably sticking to 6 handed games as this is normally the structure of my home poker games and I prefer the higher levels of action than what comes with a 8/9 handed game.

I live in Glasgow, Scotland and wouldn't mind a bit of involvement in some of the local cash games/tournaments but I have no idea what the calibre of player is like here so I'd like to study hard and improve my game beforehand.

I'd be very interested to hear from people as to how they first set out to improve their game.

I have never used a HUD when playing online but realise this is an essential part of online play. What is/are the best HUD(s) to use when beginning for the first time?

Anything you can offer in the way of resources will be much appreciated!

C

Comments

• Doug HullDoug Hull RCP Coach Posts: 1,684 -
    Welcome,

You are very likely to find a world of difference between the on-line world (very difficult) and the live home game (very soft). Completely different beasts. Posting the HUD questions in the on-line area will get you a faster response.

Welcome,
    Doug
    Co-founder Red Chip Poker,
    Author Poker Plays You Can Use
    Author Poker Workbook for Math Geeks
  • ChipXtractorChipXtractor Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forums Bruboy.

6-max and online play in general is not really my thing. And of course I live in the US so I cant comment on your local live games. But I do think you will find all the answers you need on the RedChipPoker site and in these forums.

Best of luck and once again welcome.

cXt
    Twitter = @ChipXtractor

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file