Sticky good player on my left.

Riverboat BillRiverboat Bill Red Chipper Posts: 452 ✭✭
I had a sticky good player on my left giving me grief. He would call my steals and float my continuation bets. I tightened up my opening range and he would still call. It made tough going for me as he would catch second pair and win showdowns off me. Before he sat there, I was winning hands and getting success stealing pots in late position. At first, I would fire two barrels at him, then just one on unimproved boards.

Comments

• SullySully Red Chipper Posts: 772 ✭✭✭
    These are the toughest. They are actually playing a GTO/bluff catching/fish type of game. Gives me fits too.

1. When betting value, keep going, thin value or not. Not too big a bet,1/2 to 2/3 pot so he keeps hanging in with those 2nd pair, draw hands
    2. Solid checking range that includes value and air
    3. Some well timed C/R if he will bet when checked to
    4. As a last resort I will tighten, but really do not like that option

I want to learn to beat this player

These are some of my iome ideas. I'm looking to see others
  • GabeyJGabeyJ Red Chipper Posts: 436 ✭✭✭
    I think you should in general increase your bet sizes all around against this player put max pressure on his range, but you also have to pick boards that are good for your range. Look at what he shows down pay attention to everything this guy does and over bet the river a lot. Sure you might burn money against him but he will hate playing against you. No one likes to feel the pressure
  • Christian SotoChristian Soto RCP Coach Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭✭
    Included this post in my next video
  • Riverboat BillRiverboat Bill Red Chipper Posts: 452 ✭✭
    When will it be out.

• Riverboat BillRiverboat Bill Red Chipper Posts: 452 ✭✭

I never got to see this video. This time, I had one on my right. I could not push him off hands, online. I hadn't played with him before, but he would go to the river with bluff catchers on me.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file