FOLD or Call QQ vs massive heat

mbehr1983mbehr1983 Red Chipper Posts: 635 ✭✭✭
edited April 2016 in Live Poker Hands
There is a history between me and V and I have been on the losing end. We usually play for stacks when we get involved with each other. If he reraises he has JJ+ AQo+. He min raised on a previous session with AA where we both hit a set. Same V that min raised when I had 77 a few hands ago. he has also been known to play bottom pair aggro
Hero 350 effective UTG :Qs :Qh raise to 13 short handed V on CO BTN Sb call
Pot 55
F :Ac :3c :4c
Hero checks CO bets 25 folds to Hero who calls with the plan if a club or straight card comes to rep it.
Pot 105
T :Jh
Hero checks V bets 50 I am not putting him on TPTK I think the jack has more chance to be in his range than the A I also feel with 4 to flush he could bet this way and a few times he has played bottom pair this way in the past
Pot 205
R :6s
Hero check
V fires PSB At this point I think he has a missed Draw or J from history.
Hero does what?
People will be able to see what you voted. I am planning on doing detailed HH later today just wanted to get thought before I head out. I see just from typing this up I missed a couple of check raise spots. Feel free to provide constructive criticism

FOLD or Call QQ vs massive heat

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Comments

• SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 3,950 -
    call?
    I don't make it to this spot like this - but if I do, I'm just going to call it off.
    My new book lays out the playbook for AK. Grab your copy and start Optimizing Ace King!
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    fold?
    I fold based on the fact that he bet into 3 players. Even though you all checked Ax is such a heavy part of their range. So many Aj, 33, 44, Ax in their range here. KcX is small portion of their range that you beat.
  • GabeyJGabeyJ Red Chipper Posts: 436 ✭✭✭
    call?
    What straight would you be trying to rep from UTG?
  • mbehr1983mbehr1983 Red Chipper Posts: 635 ✭✭✭
    GabeyJ wrote: »
    What straight would you be trying to rep from UTG?
    Good point none being I raised. I think a check raise in turn if Flush card hits. Looking at this now My plan was really bad
  • Patrick LawlerPatrick Lawler Red Chipper Posts: 95 ✭✭
    fold?
    I think by this point we just want to get to a cheap/free showdown.... if that isn't possible i think this has to be a fold.

I assume this is 1/2 game? To quote Mr Miller "Big bets on the turn and/or river at this level mean big hands. Fold"

Unless you have a soul read on this guy i cant see him turning up with anything less than a pair of aces as played.
    All valid points. I think I have a solid read on V. I tanked and put the pieces together and made a crying call. He shows :Kh :4h
  • GabeyJGabeyJ Red Chipper Posts: 436 ✭✭✭
    call?
    The whole point of your line was based on this guy doesn't have it. When you get to the river you should just snap call.
  • BenLeewoodBenLeewood Red Chipper Posts: 285 ✭✭
    fold?
    I'm glad you won. But this was played rather dangerously in my opinion. You were given a golden opportunity to check raise the flop. Take control of the hand. Or at least slow down his betting.

If he had the onions to re raise you, I would strongly consider folding unless I had a dead read on V. But I'd only be down a little for the hand. I like to avoid decisions for stacks if possible. I see check raising the flop a way to see where you're at while the pot is still managable.

This is not a slam dunk for QQ by any means. In fact, this is a pretty ugly flop that would usually result in losing a big pot or winning a small one. A hand like :As :Tc is very possible here which would have us way behind. Any club in V's hand gives him the opportunity to semibluff and make this an unprofitable situation. Not to mention uncomfortable.

But uncomfortable you were, and you stuck it out for a nice pot. Nicely done. Personally, I would have taken charge on the flop and won/lost a small pot and moved on to the next hand. But that's just me.

BenLeewood wrote: »
    I'm glad you won. But this was played rather dangerously in my opinion. You were given a golden opportunity to check raise the flop. Take control of the hand. Or at least slow down his betting.

If he had the onions to re raise you, I would strongly consider folding unless I had a dead read on V. But I'd only be down a little for the hand. I like to avoid decisions for stacks if possible. I see check raising the flop a way to see where you're at while the pot is still managable.

This is not a slam dunk for QQ by any means. In fact, this is a pretty ugly flop that would usually result in losing a big pot or winning a small one. A hand like :As :Tc is very possible here which would have us way behind. Any club in V's hand gives him the opportunity to semibluff and make this an unprofitable situation. Not to mention uncomfortable.

But uncomfortable you were, and you stuck it out for a nice pot. Nicely done. Personally, I would have taken charge on the flop and won/lost a small pot and moved on to the next hand. But that's just me.
    After reviewing the hand I think you are correct about check raising. My check raising game needs helps. It just never occurs to me to take this line probably something to work on. If this is against an unknown it's probably played different.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file