K2s repping an over pair

AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention but it seemed like a passive simi tight $1/2 live game (open is $5)

UTG older white guy who plays pretty straight forward. I have not seen him bluff like ever.
SB: younger white guy who is the fish at the :2s :2s table playing almost every hand.

UTG: calls $5
MP: calls $5
Hero CO ($250 effective) :Kc :2c raise to $20
SB: calls $20
UTG: calls $20
everyone else folds

3 ways to the flop

Flop ($68) :Jd :3c :2s
SB: bets $20 ($150 behind)
BB: calls $20
Hero: raise to $80

They could have some AJ, QJ, JT, type hands here, i block some KJ hands. UTG could have some slow played sets as well but most likely the donk bet is a probing bet from the weak player and I have initiative with some 2 pair draws and back door flush draw. I like my raise size of (4x) and would do the same thing with AJ+ QQ+ for value. Despite giving them $60 to $188 (3:1) I think my raise size threatens stacks here and there are not many good hands they can continue with. I also block some 1 set combo of 22.

Thoughts?

Comments

• AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ignore the :2s :2s in the description of the SB. I was posting the hand and didn't know where my mouse was apparently.

My turn barreling frequency is 2, K , club, or Ace as I can represent AJ quite well. Any other card I pretty much give up on because pot will be so large if called any other card wont change the action, so if they call flop most likely calling turn... maybe take free card if I pick up a flush draw.
  • GabeyJGabeyJ Red Chipper Posts: 436 ✭✭✭
    I think this play is good if you know your opponents are not sticky and will fold at a high rate. That being said you will have a lot better hands to make this move with on the flop. You don't need to press every spot. It's not a good habit to get into better players will destroy you if they catch wind of this. The player you raised only has 150 behind so your raise is basically an eff shove on him and you will put yourself in a spot where you have to call if and when he decides to get it in. Not really an ideal situation. I feel from you post that you sometimes just make moves to make moves without a deeper level of thought put into it(not talking shit) just an observation. K2s raise I'm guessing is an adjustment and not a standard?
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    K2s was bad on players being tight besides SB. I stopped bluffing after this as loose player folded Jx and other guy called with J8dd. Didn't think it was in his range of hands. After this session started to employee limping preflop and just exploit their looseness post.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file