Dr. Cardner Meditation video

ChipXtractorChipXtractor Red Chipper Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭✭
I had gotten away from daily meditation in recent weeks. This video has given me the kick in the ass I needed to get back into doing so. Thanks Dr. Cardner. Another well done video.

http://redchippoker.com/pro-video-cardner018/

cXt

Comments

• SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,071 -
    Woot! Anything that gets you back to meditating is a good thing imo =)
    📑 Grab my custom poker spreadsheet pack right now.
    📘 Start the Preflop & Math Poker Workbook today.
  • DrTriciaDrTricia RCP Coach Posts: 190 ✭✭
    I had gotten away from daily meditation in recent weeks. This video has given me the kick in the ass I needed to get back into doing so. Thanks Dr. Cardner. Another well done video.

http://redchippoker.com/pro-video-cardner018/

cXt

Meditation is the single most helpful thing anyone can add to their routine to ensure increased mental game performance IMHO. Glad you are getting back into it :-) Make it into a habit!
  • thepokermonkthepokermonk Red Chipper Posts: 320 ✭✭✭
    I've been getting very serious about my meditation practice (40 minutes a day now!) and have been reading a pretty serious amount about the practice and just wanted to say that the things Dr. Cardner says in this video are just spot on. This video is just such a great introduction to the practice and I would encourage all of you to look into it. It's been such a benefit to not only my game but more importantly to my life as a whole.
    Keep up the great work, Doc. Can't wait for the new book!
    therob1776 wrote: »
    I've been getting very serious about my meditation practice (40 minutes a day now!) and have been reading a pretty serious amount about the practice and just wanted to say that the things Dr. Cardner says in this video are just spot on. This video is just such a great introduction to the practice and I would encourage all of you to look into it. It's been such a benefit to not only my game but more importantly to my life as a whole.
    Keep up the great work, Doc. Can't wait for the new book!

Wow - you're up to 40 minutes a day!? Way to go! Isn't it amazing how many benefits come from meditation? It's really nothing short of life changing if you do it regularly!
  • thepokermonkthepokermonk Red Chipper Posts: 320 ✭✭✭
    It's funny. When I started it really was a chore. Now it's one of the best parts of my day. It's both challenging and entirely satisfying. Not to mention that I'm myelinating the shit out of my brain! I'm gonna be a mental game beast!!!!
  • ArtArtBobartArtArtBobart Red Chipper Posts: 356 ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Despite my initial fears that meditating is a gateway to becoming a patchoulli-wearing, drum-circle-drumming hippie, I have decided to give 5 minutes of daily meditation a shot. I've been doing this for the last 2 weeks, coincident with my recent layoff. I'm not sure if this is just placebo effect, but I have found myself more focused and committed to follow-through on daily/weekly tasks (including daily exercise).
    Despite my initial fears that meditating is a gateway to becoming a patchoulli-wearing, drum-circle-drumming hippie, I have decided to give 5 minutes of daily meditation a shot. I've been doing this for the last 2 weeks, coincident with my recent layoff. I'm not sure if this is just placebo effect, but I have found myself more focused and committed to follow-through on daily/weekly tasks (including daily exercise).

Good for you! I'm glad you decided to give it a shot!!

Tricia

Good for you! I'm glad you decided to give it a shot!!

Tricia
    edited August 2016
    Some non-scientific data:

Before meditation, I had 52% winning sessions (out of 49 sessions). After I began meditating, I won 68% of my sessions (out of 44 sessions).

I do feel like meditating and Dr. Cardner's books have had a big impact on my game, as my biggest leak had always been in losing focus and spazzing out.

I think some tend to poo-poo the mental game, but in reality it has been my greatest blocker to success.
  • FilthyCasualFilthyCasual Red Chipper Posts: 871 ✭✭✭

Some non-scientific data:

Before meditation, I had 52% winning sessions (out of 49 sessions). After I began meditating, I won 68% of my sessions (out of 44 sessions).

Villains are just trying to get away from the sMell of patchoulli....

On a personal note, I know I want to try, I have a reminder set, but I still get the feeling that I am going to be meditating 'wrong' and snowballing that into 'why bother'. Glad it's working out for you, I know I just have to freaking do it, but here I am...not
  • sittinghorsesittinghorse Red Chipper Posts: 51
    What book do you recommend??
  • sittinghorsesittinghorse Red Chipper Posts: 51
    @ArtArtBobart
    lol thanks for the laugh
    edited August 2016
    I enjoyed Peak Poker Performance. It was a pleasant read and can be applied to all aspects of your life where you'd like to perform optimally. Of course, Dr. Cardner selected one of my questions for inclusion in the book, so maybe I'm biased :)
    More nerding out here....My phone has a blood oxygen sensor. This morning my SPO2 increased 4% after 8 minutes of meditation. Not sure how much that affects brain function but I found it interesting.
  • ChipXtractorChipXtractor Red Chipper Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭✭
    More nerding out here....My phone has a blood oxygen sensor. This morning my SPO2 increased 4% after 8 minutes of meditation. Not sure how much that affects brain function but I found it interesting.

That's really interesting. I have been meditating in the mornings lately. Like how it seems to center me for the coming day. Would be interested to hear what Dr. Cardner would say about the SP02 increase.
  • ZacShawZacShaw Red Chipper Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
    Search Inside Yourself is a book I'd highly recommend for anyone who's struggled with meditation. It goes well beyond meditation and into general mindfulness and awareness but builds off meditation as a foundation.

Great if you don't like New Age fluff and respond more to something written by a Google engineer. It's very much science-based and practical.
  • FilthyCasualFilthyCasual Red Chipper Posts: 871 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    ZacShaw wrote: »
    Great if you don't like New Age fluff and respond more to something written by a Google engineer. It's very much science-based and practical.

If you don't like the fluff, I recommend (an obvious NSFW) "F*** That: An Honest Meditation ". I'm not sure if it's beneficial or not, but it made me smile reading it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file