Observed hand 2 pair

AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
Fishy game. Villain who goes all in has been pretty loose / aggressive playing around 80% of his hands mostly for raises.

$1/$2/$2
EP3 opens $10
MP1 calls $10
2 other players call

Flop ($45) :Th :4s :5d
EP3: checks
MP1: bets $30
EP3: calls $30

Turn ($105) :Th :4s :5d :Ks
MP1: bets $30
EP3: calls $30

River ($165) :Th :4s :5d :Ks :Jc
MP1: bets $35
EP3: all in
MP1 :Kc :Td ($140-$170 behind) ??? Folds

MP1 said, "I guess you called me with a gut shot" and put him on AQ. EP3 said no, "I had spades." I looked confused as there were only 2 spades on the board but EP3 seemed like an honest guy throughout the night with his talk, but he was very fishy / aggro.

There was a hand earlier where he talked about calling with over cards for small bets so its very possible he had AQ, but also unlikely as a lot of his bets were to $20-$25 range, so I think AQ fits into that catagory. I am not sure how he would play over cards post flop whether or not he cbets them or check calls small bets with them.

I thought he had 44 or 55 here based on the way he played it. I am not sure what I would do with TK here. I know my bet sizing on flop and turn would be much bigger and I would be committed by the time the river came, but as played:

Do you all call river? we beat JT and lose to 44, 55, AQ.

Comments

• SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,001 -
    As played the $35 into $165 bet could have easily induced villain's shove - so yeah, I'm not folding KT here.
  • JoeOffsuitJoeOffsuit Red Chipper Posts: 395 ✭✭✭
    If the hero (KT) was in early position, and made a small fishy bet on the river into the LAG on this run-out, with intent to CALL a shove/raise, that would have been a great play.

But yeah, from late position he has got to bet bigger on all streets, and the LAGs story line was pretty bad so it deserved a call.
  • RCP Coach - Fausto ValdezRCP Coach - Fausto Valdez RCP Coach Posts: 829 ✭✭✭✭
    he definitely induced the villain if he is agg, im surprised he didn't do it on the turn to be honest, his hand could have been part of that decision
    COACHING NOW AVAILABLE HERE
  • BotswanaNickBotswanaNick Red Chipper Posts: 696 ✭✭✭
    Austin wrote: »
    Fishy game. Villain who goes all in has been pretty loose / aggressive playing around 80% of his hands mostly for raises.

If he's really playing anything like 80/50 as described, he isn't "pretty loose/aggressive", he's an all out maniac. You need a very good reason to fold a solid hand to aggression from such a player. Even without adding the weird tiny bets possibly inducing the shove, this is a snap-call imo.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file