What RCP needs more videos of...

MassiveFishMassiveFish Red Chipper Posts: 84
RCP is full of top quality content (by top tier coaches) in all kinds of formats (Articles, Books, Videos, Podcasts, etc....)

And I consider myself lucky to have access to all of that..

But the only thing I think it's missing is live session videos.. Now I'm not saying that these videos don't exist at all..

I have personally enjoyed watching Doug Hull crushing a soft live table and have learned quite a bit from that short video.. but unfortunately there aren't many of these videos here..

The theory videos to live session videos ratio is probably 9:1.. now I'm not saying these theory videos are bad or unimportant (The Course alone improved my game immensely)

I would just love to see the amazing coaches on this site crushing the tables (I mean who wouldn't love to see Ed Miller in action?)

Are there any plans of increasing the amount of live session videos in the future?

Comments

• Doug HullDoug Hull RCP Coach Posts: 1,867 -
    Yes, we are partnering with Live at the Bike. James has one video based on this footage done. Ed and I recently filmed two more. There are already four more Live at the Bike footage videos in the queue ready to go.

We started this partnership a while ago and the videos from it took a while to work into the queue for release. Now that they have started coming out, there will be even more. Basically Ed and I are doing mostly these kinds of videos each month.

Thanks for letting us know these are good.

Co-founder Red Chip Poker,
    Author Poker Plays You Can Use
    Author Poker Workbook for Math Geeks
  • mbehr1983mbehr1983 Red Chipper Posts: 635 ✭✭✭
    I would say check raising. What toblooknfor what range type of opponents to do it against and so on. I knew it was lacking in my game and tried to add it tonight and ran into bad spots
  • NinjahNinjah Red Chipper Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭✭
    I want to see live or pre-recorded sessions online, maybe a series moving through different stakes, putting concepts into practice.
  • MassiveFishMassiveFish Red Chipper Posts: 84
    Doug Hull wrote: »
    Yes, we are partnering with Live at the Bike. James has one video based on this footage done. Ed and I recently filmed two more. There are already four more Live at the Bike footage videos in the queue ready to go.

We started this partnership a while ago and the videos from it took a while to work into the queue for release. Now that they have started coming out, there will be even more. Basically Ed and I are doing mostly these kinds of videos each month.

Thanks for letting us know these are good.

That's amazing! I can't wait for these videos :)
  • MassiveFishMassiveFish Red Chipper Posts: 84
    mbehr1983 wrote: »
    I would say check raising. What toblooknfor what range type of opponents to do it against and so on. I knew it was lacking in my game and tried to add it tonight and ran into bad spots

When you have a 40 hour session and then decide to check the forums after .. xD
  • SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,071 -
    Ninjah wrote: »
    I want to see live or pre-recorded sessions online, maybe a series moving through different stakes, putting concepts into practice.

Have you seen Gano's video Climbing The Stakes? His first video is at 10NL and the next video (it's not out yet) is at 25NL. And the series will continue that way =)
    📑 Grab my custom poker spreadsheet pack right now.
    📘 Start the Preflop & Math Poker Workbook today.
  • NinjahNinjah Red Chipper Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭✭
    SplitSuit wrote: »
    Ninjah wrote: »

Have you seen Gano's video Climbing The Stakes? His first video is at 10NL and the next video (it's not out yet) is at 25NL. And the series will continue that way =)

I haven't but I'll check it out. I love watching Galfond break down sessions but the stakes aren't really relatable and I think you guys could do a great job at this from the lower stakes.
  • w34z3lw34z3l RCP Coach Posts: 48 ✭✭
    I can make this kind of stuff potentially, it all depends on the direction RCP is going in etc
  • SaintsTigersSaintsTigers Red Chipper Posts: 238 ✭✭
    +1. More session reviews please.
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cardrunners use to do high stakes friday. Back in the day when 500\1000 was online before black Friday they had a short entertainment video showing the biggest pots of the week.
    Bovada series would be nice as most americans cannot play on stars. I heard it opened it NJ but I'm not on the east coast.
  • AcesaladAcesalad Red Chipper Posts: 240 ✭✭
    I agree with this 100%. What I would like to see is something like Doug take one of his LATB videos, kill the audio and narrate , in real time, what he was thinking. Things like what type of player he thinks his opponents are, what range does he think they have throughout the hand, what does he expect his opponent to do now and on future streets. Again, in real time, how is he thinking about a hand.
    Acesalad wrote: »
    I agree with this 100%. What I would like to see is something like Doug take one of his LATB videos, kill the audio and narrate , in real time, what he was thinking. Things like what type of player he thinks his opponents are, what range does he think they have throughout the hand, what does he expect his opponent to do now and on future streets. Again, in real time, how is he thinking about a hand.

Will be hard to talk about the hand in that much detail in real time. Pausing and explaining the thought process street by street is perfect. I've always liked replay videos where they go over every hand where they contributed to their vpip. Even the small hands like 87s that called preflop and check folded the flop. Knowing that they called instead of squeeze or called cause they were getting 30x and player is playing fit or fold.

I watched sweenys video on flopzilla today had a very nicr break down of R vs R on certain board texture and bet size that makes it profitable. Amazing poker tool. Flop zilla as most of you know.
  • AcesaladAcesalad Red Chipper Posts: 240 ✭✭
    Austin wrote: »

Will be hard to talk about the hand in that much detail in real time. Pausing and explaining the thought process street by street is perfect. I've always liked replay videos where they go over every hand where they contributed to their vpip. Even the small hands like 87s that called preflop and check folded the flop. Knowing that they called instead of squeeze or called cause they were getting 30x and player is playing fit or fold.

I watched sweenys video on flopzilla today had a very nicr break down of R vs R on certain board texture and bet size that makes it profitable. Amazing poker tool. Flop zilla as most of you know.

The point is I am not looking for the level of detail when the hand is paused. I do not mean for this to replace the videos where they do in-depth analysis of the hands. But if we are talking about increasing the amount of live analysis videos, this would be a good aspect to also cover. How does a professional player apply all his skills and study in real time.
    Austin wrote: »

The point is I am not looking for the level of detail when the hand is paused. I do not mean for this to replace the videos where they do in-depth analysis of the hands. But if we are talking about increasing the amount of live analysis videos, this would be a good aspect to also cover. How does a professional player apply all his skills and study in real time.

Most do not enjoy a slow 1 hand takes 15 min poker video where the screen is basically a power point the entire time. We want action!!! I enjoy a well balanced series of videos. Where one side of me wants to see high stakes and big pots other side of me says if one hand takes 30 minutes to analyze but improved by game by 2bb\hr then i need to pay attention and watch it several times over.

Aces salad do you have liveatthebike? These might be what you are looking for. That have videos like 6 days of the week with commentary. I started watching the high stake videos first because i wanted to see best in the world play. I always try and watch the best and mimic their style.

I did notice there is latb and poker tells video put up on here as recent videos so i am about to watch those.

Special thanks to splitsuit for paying attention to customers request and going beyond what was expected. I might of seen the defensive hand gestures but I'll watch it again.

Thanks!!
  • SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,071 -

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file