Hand Reading Workbook - Combos question

QTxYankeeQTxYankee Red Chipper Posts: 10 ✭✭
Once the flop comes, a significant portion of our opening range may have been eliminated by card replacement. For example, I lost exactly 10% of my opening range on the flop of Hand #2.

So, should we be showing our flop range combos % value as a percentage of the original combos we opened, or the percentage of the combos we had after replacement?

Comments

• SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 3,918 -
    Great question. Do it AFTER the replacement
    My latest poker course brings the popular book 'Poker's 1%' to life- The One Percent
  • NinjahNinjah Red Chipper Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭
    Something else to consider when using Flopzilla is if you want to keep combos of suited cards that can make flushes but ditch the ones that can't...unless there is a function of Flopzilla that allows it, you will need to manually subtract the ones that can't make a flush if you wish to keep suited cards from one street to the next, resulting in a manual calculation of combos.
  • tfaziotfazio Red Chipper Posts: 818 ✭✭✭
    Yes there is suit selection in flopzilla
    Use one of the three boxes below the matrix
    And select the suits you want then click on all of the hands you want to filter for.
    Two suits hh for suited cards and mixed hc for off suit
    This will only include the selected suits going forward:)
  • ImperatorImperator Red Chipper Posts: 895 ✭✭✭
    I started the workbook last week. And it is nice to know that this forum is here where my questions and thoughts I may have are already answered.
  • JoeJoe Red Chipper Posts: 2
    Split -- Thanks for answering the query about percentages after replacement. This is Flopzilla post-flop filter percentage, correct? Follow-up: is there a way to export the post-flop (and post-turn and post-river) range as you can export the pre-flop range? Would make filling in the workbook easier..
  • JoeJoe Red Chipper Posts: 2
    Thank you, thank you.
  • SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 3,918 -
    Exactly what Tom said :)
    My latest poker course brings the popular book 'Poker's 1%' to life- The One Percent
  • OutlierOutlier Red Chipper Posts: 158 ✭✭
    The only thing that bugs me about the suit-selection boxes is that using them appears to remove the unselected cards from the preflop combos range rather than on the flop or turn as the filters do. Am I interpreting it correctly?

I realize using the suit-selection boxes doesn't change the final outcome, but it does change the starting number of combos, which can be a pain if you double back on your work or make changes and start getting slightly different combos/percentages.
    You are observing correctly. Suit selection works great editing a pre flop ranges but I cant think of a pre flop range I would edit for suits as in i'm only opening with AQ opf hearts and spades. The filters don't allow for suit selection but you can use the weights featurw. There was mention of adding it in future upgrades.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file