Did I leave money on a table?

rjevskiyrjevskiy Red Chipper Posts: 87 ✭✭
edited November 2014 in Live Poker Hands
Recently read quote, dont remember exact words, that said "Its a mistake to let fish leave with money". I was wondering if I just did exactly that.

Played with Villian 37 hands in same session and his VPIP:61, PFR:36. Total A-Fish.
On Line game, .25c/.50c with 9 players
Hero ($72.48) UTG+1: :Ah :Th Raise $1.75
Villian ($26.14) UTG+2: :? :? calls $1.75
Everyone folds, Pot is $4.25
Flop: :5c :2c :Ts
Hero bets $3.18
Villian calls
Pot $10.61
Turn: :5c :2c :Ts :2s
Hero bets $7.95
Villian calls
Pot $26.51
River: :5c :2c :Ts :2s :8s
Villian has $13.26 left.
Hero checks, Villian checks
Villian opens :Qs :Tc and looses.

10 hands prior to this hand, I took $24.49 from same player where he call PFR with :2h :9h and call on Flop and Turn my bets and after I check on River he went all in on this board :Qc :Kh :Ah :Ks :2s and lost to me. I was afraid that if I (hand in question) bet again that Villian would fold and also thinking that maybe he had a :2? as he plays any two cards. Rethinking after that hand I did think what would happen if he goes all in and that gives me 3 to 1 on a call with top pair and nut kicker. I would still have to call him.
I feel that I failed to get his last $13.26.
What do you think?

Comments

• persuadeopersuadeo Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your opponent can have a deuce in his range, of course, but here it is far more likely that he would raise you on the turn if he did hit trips, as you, indeed, could have the draw.

Therefore you need to measure all the showdown value hands he can have versus all the club draws he can have. Getting 3-1 on the river means he is unlikely to fold any of his value hands, yet only likely to bluff a certain amount of the time, as you just owned him with a bluff catch line. Without doing a complete calculation, betting the river looks optimal versus a loose player.
  • tagliustaglius Red Chipper Posts: 290 ✭✭
    Yeah a river bet was in order here, even if you "same bet" another $7.95 - you have TP/TK against a known fish.

Don't worry about what he could have that beats you until he tells you he has it.
  • rjevskiyrjevskiy Red Chipper Posts: 87 ✭✭
    One of my problems is being scared sometimes. As our Red Chip training says we need to bet against a fish our valued hands. Trying :) Thank you

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file