Hand #6 XX/Kd, 9h, 6h

billconklinbillconklin Red Chipper Posts: 102 ✭✭
Pre-flop
"Boring TAG" opens $10. I give him Most B'Ways, 66+, SC's 98s+, AJo+, KQ+, KJ+, QTs, KTs

Hero range 16%, 190 combos
TT-77,AQo-A9o,KQo-KTo,QJo,AQs-A8s,KQs-K2s,QJs-Q9s,JTs-J9s,T9s-T8s,98s-97s,87s
I call his open, eliminating JJ+, AK+ from my range.

FLOP: :8d :5c :3d
Villain bets $20, Hero calls $20
I would have raised Top prs, a set, OESDs, and 4 card FDs, and BDFDs so they are eliminated. This pretty well decimates my range

TURN: :6s
14.3%, 35 combo
TT,A9o,QJo-QTo,JTo,A9s,QJs-Q9s,JTs-J9s,T9s-T8s,98s

But of those, 24 are middle pair, 4 are flush draws and 4 are gutshots
12 combos9s for 2nd pr is A9+
He cks, we bet $50, he c/rs. I'm folding there.
Hero calls another $125

RIVER: :Ah
8% 2 combos of 2 pr.
I folded to C/r on turn.
He goes all in, we fold.

Comments

• NinjahNinjah Red Chipper Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭
    You posted Hand 6 as the title but your info is hand 5. If you meant hand 5, you may have to dig a couple of pages but I started a thread on it a couple of days ago.
  • billconklinbillconklin Red Chipper Posts: 102 ✭✭
    REVISION Hand #6; Board incorrect on earlier version.
    Sorry about that!

Pre-flop
    "Boring TAG" opens $10. I give him Most B'Ways, 66+, SC's 98s+, AJo+, KQ+, KJ+, QTs, KTs

Hero range 16%, 190 combos
    TT-77,AQo-A9o,KQo-KTo,QJo,AQs-A8s,KQs-K2s,QJs-Q9s,JTs-J9s,T9s-T8s,98s-97s,87s
    I call his open, eliminating JJ+, AK+ from my range.

FLOP: :Kd :9h :6h
    I would have raised Top prs, a set, OESDs, and 4 card FDs, and BDFDs so they are eliminated. This pretty well decimates my range

TURN: :5c

14.3%, 35 combo
    TT,A9o,QJo-QTo,JTo,A9s,QJs-Q9s,JTs-J9s,T9s-T8s,98s

But of those, 24 are middle pair, 4 are flush draws and 4 are gutshots
    12 combos9s for 2nd pr is A9+
    He cks, we bet $50, he c/rs. I'm folding there.
    Hero calls another $125

RIVER: :Qs
    8% 2 combos of 2 pr.
    I folded to C/r on turn.
    He goes all in, we fold.

• billconklinbillconklin Red Chipper Posts: 102 ✭✭
    Ninjah, thanks for pointing that out.
    Mindlessly I copied and pasted your template from Hand #5.
    But I worked from Flopzilla and the Workbook, never looking at the template while figuring the hand out.. I intended to change the cards in your template and then write in my comments, but it slipped my (alleged) mind!
    Sorry, and thanks again for the help.
    BC
    Opening Range: 22-TT, 65s-KQs, J9s, KJs, AT-AJs, A3s-A5s, JTo, AJo, KQo
    3 Betting: JJ+, AQ+
    Calling Range: 11%, 150 combos

Down to 134 combos. Calling: top pair, flush draws, straight draws, TT, BDFD. Raising pair/FD combos, 7h8h, folding small pocket pairs. Calling 68/134 combos for 51%. This is lower than my normal defending frequency but a TAG opened from EP and there is still an unknown player left to act.

part a) betting top pair in an attempt to get value from hands like TT-QQ, betting 100% of flop combos since they are mostly comprised of semi-bluffs and strong hands.

part b) all in with: sets, straights. Getting check-raised by a boring TAG and a low SPR pot, not getting odds to chase any hands. Only stacking off with 10 of 64 combos, 16%.

Calling 2 pair+ (not many set combos but will definitely call as I am getting a great price here, folding all other hands).

I was kind of confused when completing this hand on the river because to me it doesn't make sense for me to chase or try to bluff after the action on the turn. If I were to only call on the turn with the nuts (or close to it) instead of shoving in order to induce action on the river, it would not be with any hands that I would be folding once we get there. Maybe I'm missing something here?

• SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 3,919 -
    It's possible that you may end up with a null range for folding the river (or in other rare spots in the book). But given the price on the turn I'd call some flush draws and fold them when they bricked on the river.
    My latest poker course brings the popular book 'Poker's 1%' to life- The One Percent
    SplitSuit wrote: »
    It's possible that you may end up with a null range for folding the river (or in other rare spots in the book). But given the price on the turn I'd call some flush draws and fold them when they bricked on the river.

Is it essentially calling draws on the turn due to implied odds given Villains line since we aren't getting the price up front and he is committing himself?
  • SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 3,919 -
    Ninjah wrote: »
    SplitSuit wrote: »

Is it essentially calling draws on the turn due to implied odds given Villains line since we aren't getting the price up front and he is committing himself?

There are double draws like FD + gunshots that do fine on the turn...
    My latest poker course brings the popular book 'Poker's 1%' to life- The One Percent
  • Mr2u53Mr2u53 Red Chipper Posts: 64 ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Hand 6
    (Let’s try this line. Calling a $10.00 bet to win $13.00 means I need a 43.5%-win rate to make this a +EV call. If I am wrong in my understanding of EV please let me know. I hope this workbook opens my mind to what he is going to be opening with so I can come back and change this answer. Moving on.)
    Boring TAG opens
    Total Combos: 44
    % Form: 3.32%
    PP:TT-99 12 Combos 27.27%
    Suited: AJs- AQs, KJs+, QJs 20 Combos 45.45%
    Unsuited: AQo 12 Combos 27.27%
    I would Call with AQ
    JJ is not in my Calling Range.
    Flop
    :Kd :9h :6h
    Total Combos: 12
    % Form: 30.8%
    I Raise with:
    Sets: 99 3 Combos 25%
    I Call with:
    Flush Draw+ Pair: KQs KJs 2 Combos 16.6%
    Flush Draw+ Gut Shot: QJs 1 Combo 8.3%
    Flush Draw: AQs AJs 2 Combos 16.6%
    Top Pair: KJs+ 4 Combos 33.3%
    Fold everything else
    Would I fold Raise or call with:
    Top Pair: Call It is more than likely second best
    Flush Draws: Call unless I hit Flush Draw + Gut Shot or + Pair
    88: Folded Pre Flop
    Turn
    :5c
    Total Combos: 12
    % Form: 30.8%
    I Raise with:
    Sets: 99 3 Combos 25%
    I Call with:
    Flush Draw+ Pair: KQs KJs 2 Combos 16.6%
    Flush Draw+ Gut Shot: QJs 1 Combo 8.3%
    Flush Draw: AQs AJs 2 Combos 16.6%
    Top Pair: KJs+ 4 Combos 33.3%
    Would I Bet or Check with:
    Top Pair: Bet
    Flush Draws: Bet
    Pair+ Draw: Bet
    I am betting my entire range do to the weakness shown and where my range is on this board.
    The plot thickens… A Check Raise. So I am surprised by this but not worried do to the fact I gave this person respect with my Pre flop decision. So a simple EV calculation here should tell me if my range at this point is +EV to continue. My guess is it is. As I expected I am in a +EV situation so a call here is a no brainer. I would consider shipping the rest of my stack here but a call is fine also.
    Would I Call or Raise All In with:
    Top Pair: Call Unless I have the Flush Draw to go with it
    Flush Draw: Call unless see above
    Pair + Draw: Call Unless see above
    River
    :Qs
    No matter the river card the pot odds are 3.5:1 and the respect I gave him preflop has put me in a better then a 22% chance of winning so I call blind for the most part. Damn I hope that logic is right.
    Total Combos: 8
    % Form: 72.7%
    Call with a smile:
    Sets: 99 3 Combos
    Two Pair: KQ 2 Combos
    Crying Call:
    Top Pair: KJ 3 Combos
    Fold:
    Busted Draws
    Would I Call or Fold:
    Two Pair: Call
    Top Pair: Call
    Medium Pairs: I would not have been in with them

• OutlierOutlier Red Chipper Posts: 158 ✭✭
    PREFLOP Range: 16% (minus AA, KK), 214 combos
    FLOP Range: 54%, 102 combos
    TURN Range: .01% (A5hh)

Hero range 16%, 214 combos
    22-QQ, 65s+, T8s+, KTs+, A2s+, AJo+

I call his open, eliminating KK+ from my range.

FLOP: :8d :5c :3d
    I would have raised Akhh, 99, 66, 87hh

TURN: :6s
    63% of previous range, 64 combos
    Bet top pair AK only, flush draws, pair + draws
    He checks, we bet $50, he c/rs.
    I'm folding pretty much every hand here except A5hh. We are calling 125 to win 295 so we need 30% and I don't have that with any hands with which I get to the turn with that have 30% except A5hh.
    Hero calls another $125

RIVER: :Ah
    0%
    I folded to C/r on turn.
    He goes all in, I fold.
  • OutlierOutlier Red Chipper Posts: 158 ✭✭
    @Mr2u53, what's your reasoning for thinking you are good with a naked flush draw on the turn? We are not getting correct direct odds. Can villain have any bluffs here? My read is that we are praying he has AK or AA, otherwise it just seems like sets. I'm not expecting a boring TAG to make some creative play on the turn thinking he has fold equity.
  • Mr2u53Mr2u53 Red Chipper Posts: 64 ✭✭
    Outlier wrote: »
    @Mr2u53, what's your reasoning for thinking you are good with a naked flush draw on the turn? We are not getting correct direct odds. Can villain have any bluffs here? My read is that we are praying he has AK or AA, otherwise it just seems like sets. I'm not expecting a boring TAG to make some creative play on the turn thinking he has fold equity.

When I posted this the first thought was could the Villain open Raise with 78. At this point my knowledge is limited. I really am trying to push through this section to the much needed Villain range section. Once I get through that I plan on redoing the workbook with better assumptions.
    My main question I have right now is am I doing the basics right. Counting Combos.
  • Briax24Briax24 Red Chipper Posts: 44 ✭✭
    HAND #6
    PRE-FLOP: Range: TT-22,AJo-ATo,KQo-KTo,QJo-QTo,JTo,AJs-A6s,KQs-K9s,QJs-Q9s,JTs-J9s,T9s-T8s,98s-97s,87s-86s,76s,65s
    (% of form 18.3%) (Combos: 242)
    I typically 3 bet with JJ and AQ. Against a TAG opponent these are hands on the cusp of my 3-bet/calling range. It depends what I think of early positions opening range.

:Kd :9h :6h

FLOP: Range: TT,KQo-KTo,KQs-KTs,87s,QhJh,QdJd,QhTh,QdTd,AhJc,AhJd,AhJs,QhJc,QhJd,QhJs,JhTh,JdTd,AhTc,AhTd,AhTs,QhTc,QhTd,QhTs,JhTc,JhTd,JhTs,Th8h
    (% of previous range 32.1%) (Combos:67)
    More likely to fold raise or call with?
    Top pair- I call with all of my top pair

Flush Draws: I choose to raise all of my flush draws because they are either open ended, gutshots, or A high so I think they have good equity vs. most of Villains top hands and will retain good equity for turn bluffs. 87hh for example is being treated like the nuts.

88- I am folding this hand. There is a player behind and main Villains c-betting range still has good equity vs. me even if he missed.

:5c

TURN: Range: TT,KQo-KTo,KQs-KTs,QhJh,QdJd,QhTh,QdTd,AhJc,AhJd,AhJs,QhJc,QhJd,QhJs,JhTh,JdTd,AhTc,AhTd,AhTs,QhTc,QhTd,QhTs,JhTc,JhTd,JhTs,Th8h,8c7c,8d7d,8s7s
    (% of previous range 100%) (combos:67)
    Based upon the range of hand you called the flop with are you likely to bet or check behind with:

Top Pair: Bet

Flush Draws: Bet

Pair+ Draw: Bet

I am betting all of my hands in this situation vs. this Villain. I have some good equity hands. I think it’s unlikely that Villain holds any top pair or better here. If I choose to check a hand it might be something like the 3 combos of 87 if I think Villain may be more likely to fold now but call a river bet .

TURN RAISE: Range: KhQh,KhJh,KhTh,QhJh,QhTh,JhTh,Th8h
    (% of Previous range 10.4%) (Combos:7)
    Are you likely to fold call or go all in with:

Top pair: if it contains a flush draw

Flush draws: all of them are gutshots or pair + draw so I think I call here. Im just not sure what better hands fold. Maybe if Villain did this with some kind of flush draw we could find some folds.
    Pair + Draw: Calling

Note: I am very exploitable in this spot. I am only continuing in one way or another about 14% of the time. I'm guessing I should have a few strong calling hands in my flop range here. The Villain in the BB makes me want to raise the value portion of my range on the flop. It may be sensible to see the turn with some of the stronger draws by calling the flop? This is a tough spot! In game I fold most of the time vs. this Villain.

:Qs

RIVER: Range: KhQh,JhTh
    (% of previous range 28.6%) (Combos: 2)
    Do you call with:

Two pair: Yes but I don’t like it. It depends how often Villain has AAhx, or AK here as to whether this is profitable. Or if he bluffs with Axhh.

Top Pair: In game I fold. If he has bluffs here then I have to call. I'm not sure how often Villain is bluffing here based on the boring TAG description.

Medium pairs: I fold these as well.

Note: I am very exploitable on this river as well. I am calling with 2 of 7 combos which means betting against me is auto profit. This is an interesting way for me to turn the tables on some opponents if they are folding often like this.
  • Briax24Briax24 Red Chipper Posts: 44 ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    @Mr2u53 What actions are you taking with 22-88, and your suited connectors. This is a pretty deep stacked spot with potential for some over-calls. 3 betting some of these hands could be a good idea. Just curious if your considering folding these hands?
  • mbehr1983mbehr1983 Red Chipper Posts: 635 ✭✭✭
    6hhloo4l2hf1.jpg
    A little late to the party but let me know if it looks right. I just created a calling range for tight/nit players maybe its a little to nitty?
  • RedRed Red Chipper Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Villain bet on the turn is pretty polarized with a 175$ v. a 50$ bet and 120$ pot. How can (or canNOT) you know if Villain C-R is for bluff (like TT) or value?
  • NuttedNutterNuttedNutter Red Chipper Posts: 44
    HAND #6

More likely to 3bet both AQ and JJ since the gameflow has been described as boring for the last hour. If the table for the most part is sticking to a fit or fold standard exploitable strategy then I think we should start 3betting lighter with those hands boring tag is likely to fold something like 22-99, ATB except maybe AQs or AKo/s, and Axs or Kxs.

I'd 3bet AQo/s-AKo/s, JJ-AA, A2s-A5s.

RANGE: TT-22,AJo,AJs-A9s,KQs-KTs,QJs-QTs,JTs-J9s,T9s-T8s,98s-97s,87s,76s,65s,54s

%FORM: 10.4%
    COMBOS #: 138

Fold, call, raise w/...

TP? Call KTs-KQs, since I would likely 3bet AK pre I took it out of the call range, boring tag could have a hand like AK himself being that he's a boring tag opening from ep2.

Flush Draws? With a hand like KhQh vs. a range of QQ-AA, AJs-AKs, KTs-KQs, KQo, AKo we've got 68.8% which is massive vs the range I assigned that makes sense to me that he'd cbet this flop w/. I'd just call, although I have a lot of equity, I still have to be concerned w/ the BB, he called pf checked to the pfr and w/ this flop and action I'm unsure about the amount of fold equity I have here. If EP2 boring tag has any good K, AA-KK he's not folding to raise, he would at least call 1 street. So w/ my flush draw ip here with this specific dynamic I'd elect to call.

If I raise I feel like I'm only getting better to call from EP2 boring tag.

88? I think I'd call ip and see what develops on turn to see if he checks. Reason is well I'm thinking about the hands that he'd value bet here and the hands that make sense to me that a boring tag opens from EP2 and would cbet as a bluff 3w after BB checked. The cbet as a bluff range that makes sense to me is his heart flush draw range..

8h7h, Th8h, AhTh-AhKh, JhTh-KhQh, QhTh-KhJh, KhTh, Ah2h-Ah6h, Ah7h-Ah8h

Or would bet QQ-TT as an equity protection bet oop that doesn't just want to check call oop.

RANGE: 99-22,KQs-KTs,87s,76s,65s,AhJh,AhTh,QhJh,QhTh,JhTh,Th8h,5h4h

%OF PREVIOUS RANGE: 55.7%
    COMBOS#: 68

T: :5c

Bet or check behind...

TP? Think I'd bet KTs-KQs. I think if EP2 boring tag had AK, KK-AA, K9s and maybe KQs he would continue firing the turn. He could be checking a hand like KTs-KJs and either hopes it checks down or for a cheap SD planning to ch/call.

Flush Draws? Check behind. Since I think that w/ a strong K or better he would continue firing the turn, it makes me think he could've bet QQ-TT as an equity protection bet or bet a flush draw on the flop himself as a semi-bluff and is now giving up or plans to ch/call with it so not much fold equity since I think he will be continuing a decent amount with that range.

Pair+draw? I'd bet KhTh-KhQh because I now think his range has shrunk down to being weighted mostly towards flush draws, KTs-KJs, QQ-TT. We have good equity against that range and should value bet and build a pot.

RANGE: 99,66-55,KQs-KTs,87s,65s,AhJh,AhTh,QhJh,QhTh,JhTh,Th8h,5h4h

%OF PREVIOUS RANGE: 48.4%
    COMBOS#: 31

EP2 c-r to $175 fold, call go ai w/...

TP? I'd call w/ KhTh-KhQh. Now that vill has c-r turn I think he is repping 8h7h that could've semi bluffed flop and turned a str8. Not much else makes sense to me as played. All other TP's I think I'd fold. Specifically with KhTh-KhQh should we riv a flush we may get one last street of value from vill.

Flush Draws? Fold at this point to draw to one more heart w/o tp gives us very little equity.

Pair+draw? I'd call KhTh-KhQh

RANGE: 99,66-55,KQs-KTs,87s,65s
    %OF PREVIOUS RANGE: 37.5%
    COMBOS #: 24

R: :Qs

Boring tag ai call or fold w/...

Two Pair? The only combos of 2pair I'd have at this point is 65s and KQs I think although that I'm getting a great price I think I'm beat here a large % of the time. I don't think a boring tag opening from EP2 who bet flop, c-r, turn and jams river is bluffing often enough for me to justify a call w/ 2pair.

Top Pair? Fold. Like above I think I'm beat a lot here.

Med Pairs? Fold, they would only serve as bluff catchers at best and I don't think this particular player is bluffing.

RANGE: 99,66-55,KQs-KTs,87s,65s
    %OF PREVIOUS RANGE: 100%
    COMBOS#: 23

• stumptownstumptown Red Chipper Posts: 3 ✭✭
    we want to play with the terrible player in the sb, is there a reason to just call our entire range here? UTG is boring TAG, light 3bets and cb take it down? Hard to tell what "boring" means, but if he is straight forward fit-or-fold boring maybe we should 3bet light and cb all flops? Boring could also mean so weak tight passive that we can't extract much value when we hit. I chose to call with most of range to try to get the terrible player to go along.

preflop:
    3B AA KK call with AQ and JJ
    call 22-QQ Axs QTs+ 75s+ 54s+
    16% 184 combos

flop:
    standard cb by TAG, but we still have BB in the hand. Calling a wide enough range to continue against the cb, but not floating with air. folding 88

TP 66 99 TT-QQ
    FD OESD
    dd gutters
    9x/6x+ bd diamonds
    47% 80 combos

Turn:
    tp, 9x, fd, pair + fd
    80% 69 combos
    boring tag has bet once and checked. good spot to fire entire range? I didn't here but it does seem like a decent spot now that we are heads up.

then vs checkraise:

Boring tag checkraises us, getting just over
    2:1 on a call. even if we hit and get his stack we won't quite get 4:1, and will still lose sometimes to flush over flush or boat. time to do a lot of folding.
    shipping sets and straight, folding the rest.

Maybe I'm reading to much into "boring", but the implied odds (IF they exist) are not quite good enough to justify calling with Khxh or nfd. He would have to be bluffing quite a bit to make calling good imo.
    I'm continuing with 11% 10 combos
    same for the river. against something other than boring I can call/ship turn/river much wider, but not here.

too nitty on my part? I

• AcesaladAcesalad Red Chipper Posts: 240 ✭✭
    % Form-27.9% # Combos - 370
    88-22,AJo-A2o,KQo-K9o,QJo-QTo,JTo,A9s-A8s,A6s,KJs-K2s,QJs-Q6s,J9s-J8s,T7s,97s-96s,87s-86s,76s-75s,65s-64s,54s
    Calling a fairly wide range against a boring TAG to try and take away pots on later streets when he misses.
    When building this calling range, make sure to remove the hands you would 3bet with. Are you more likely to call or 3bet Ace Queen? What about JJ?
    AQ - 3bet
    JJ - 3bet
    Flop:
    :KD: :9H: :6H:
    The BB calls preflop as well. There are 3 players to a $30 flop
    The BB checks, EP2 bets $20, and you call.
    After EP2 opens preflop and then continuation bets the flop in a multi-way pot, are you likely to fold, raise, or call with:
    Top pair? Call
    Flush Draws? Call
    88? Fold
    % of Previous Range - 25% # Combos - 81
    66,KQo-K9o,KJs thru K2s, 96s, 87s, Ah8h, QhJh, QhTh, Qh8h, Qh7h, Jh8h, Th7h, 7h5h, 5h4h
    The BB folds on the flop. There are 2 players to a $70 turn.
    :5C:
    EP2 checks and you bet $50.
    Based upon the range of hands you called the flop with, are you likely to bet or check behind the turn with:
    Top Pair? Bet
    Flush Draws? Bet
    Pair + Draw? Bet
    % of Previous Range - 100% # Combos - 80
    66, KQo-K9o, KJs-K2s, 96s, 87s, Ah8h, QhJh, QhTh, Qh8h, Qh7h, Jh8h, Th7h, 7h5h, 5h4h
    EP2 check-raises to $175 total and you call.
    EP2 is putting is a large chunk of the effective stacks. Are you likely to fold, call, or go all-in with:
    Top Pair? Fold
    Flush Draws? Fold
    Pair + Draw? Fold
    % of Previous Range - 8.8% # Combos - 7
    66,87s
    If he's a boring TAG I don't think he is bluffing here a lot. I am playing straight forward now.
    There are 2 players to a $420 river
    :QS:
    EP2 goes all-in and you fold.
    You are getting a great price when facing the river all-in. Would you call or fold with:
    Two Pair? N/A
    Top Pair? N/A
    Medium Pairs? N/A
    Doesn't matter that am getting a great price. I have none of these hands left in my range.
    % of Previous Range - 42.8% # Combos - 3
    Calling my straight, folding my set here. I think the set is beat when he puts this much money in the pot taking this line.
  • TravisTravis Red Chipper Posts: 430 ✭✭✭
    PreFlop: IN a boring game I am likely to call with even big hands as original raiser likely to fold to much pressure and don't mind calls from either of the blinds. Also likely to call very wide as Villain likely overfold a lot on later streets If I 3 bet will be polarized (weighted them in my range below)

Range: 35.7%,473 combos
    AA-44,AKo-ATo,KQo-KJo,QJo,AKs-A2s,KQs-K2s,QJs-Q9s,JTs-J9s,T9s-T8s,98s-97s,87s-86s,76s-75s,65s-64s,54s-53s

FLOP: :Kd :9h :6h 52% 245.5
    AA-99,66,AKo,A9o,KQo-K9o,QJo-Q9o,JTo-J9o,T9o-T8o,98o-97o,87o,75o,AKs,A9s,KQs-K2s,QJs-Q9s,JTs-J9s,T9s-T8s,98s-97s,87s,75s,AhQh,AdQd,AhJh,AdJd,AhTh,AdTd,Ah8h,Ad8d,Ah7h,Ad7d,Ad6d,Ah5h,Ad5d,Ah4h,Ad4d,Ah3h,Ad3d,Ah2h,Ad2d,8d6d,7d6d,6d5d,6d4d,5h4h,5d4d,5h3h,5d3d
    : V1 likely Cbet entire range on this flop. I would raise AK, Kx hearts, sets and two pairs to charge draws ans narrow BB range.Call with most of range to not give away hand strength against a spewy player,,, reraise sets some of the time

TURN: :5c 100/37% 230/91.5 combos
    AA-JJ,AKo-AQo,KQo,AKs-AQs,A9s,KQs-KJs,QJs,AhJh,AcJc,AhTh,AcTc,Ah8h,Ac8c,Ac7c,Ah6h,Ac6c,Ah5h,Ac5c,Ah4h,Ac4c,Ac3c,Ah2h,Ac2c
    CR call: AA-KK,99,66,AKo,98o-97o,87o,AKs,87s,AhQh,AhJh,AhTh,Ah8h,Ah7h,Ah5h,Ah4h,Ah3h,Ah2h,KhQh,KhJh,KhTh,Kh8h,Kh7h,Kh5h,Kh4h,Kh3h,Kh2h,QhJh,QhTh,JhTh,Th8h,7h5h,6d5d,5h4h,5h3h
    Betting entire range as no TAG is checking a K here unless to trap. 2/3 pot bet likely to work atleast 40%. When V check raises his range is AK, AA, KK, 2pr and sets, maybe Kx hearts
    I am never folding AA, AK, sets or two pair. As Villain has shown willingness to go all in I shove these hands now. As played calling with pair with nut draw and better.

RIVER: :Qs 41.5% 38 combos
    Folded"98o-97o,AhQh,AhJh,AhTh,Ah8h,Ah7h,Ah5h,Ah4h,Ah3h,Ah2h,KhJh,KhTh,Kh8h,Kh7h,Kh4h,Kh3h,Kh2h,QhJh,QhTh,Th8h,7h5h,5h4h,5h3h
    Would call with AK+
  • TravisTravis Red Chipper Posts: 430 ✭✭✭
    Acesalad wrote: »
    Calling my straight, folding my set here. I think the set is beat when he puts this much money in the pot taking this line.

Relative to the pot and original stacks this is not much of a bet. Certainly TAG would shove AK here. You only have to be right about 22% of the time for this to be +EV
  • Raymond JongkindRaymond Jongkind Red Chipper Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited March 7
    PREFLOP RANGE (20.2%-form)(268# combos)
    JJ-22,AKo-ATo,KQo-KTo,QJo-QTo,JTo,AKs-A2s,KQs-K7s,QJs-QTs,JTs,T9s
    Are you more likey to call or 3bet Ace Queen? Call
    What about JJ? Call

FLOP: RANGE (35.1%-of previous range)(87# combos)
    JJ-TT,AKo,KQo-KTo,AKs,A9s,KQs-KTs,K8s-K7s,T9s,AhQh,AhJh,AhTh,Ah8h,Ah7h,Ah5h,Ah4h,Ah3h,Ah2h,QhJh,QhTh,JhTh

After EP2 opens preflop and then continuation bets the flop in a multi-way pot, are you likely to fold, raise, or call with:
    Top Pair? yes, one street to see if he continues or play back at him at the turn.
    Flush Draws? yes
    88? no

TURN: RANGE (71.6%-of previous range)(58# combos)

Based upon the range of hands you called the flop with, are you likely to bet or check behind the turn with:
    Top Pair? check. If I bet, he wil fold worse hands and call beter top pairs.
    Flush Draws? I can bet this als a semibluff. So when he folds, im fine as well.
    Pair + Draw? bet, also as a semibluff.

Villian raises to $ 175

EP2 is putting is a large chunk of the effective stacks. Are you likely to fold, call, or go all-in with:
    Top Pair? No, I would fold, he tricked me.)
    Flush Draws? I have 18% to make my draw. But I need 30%. So I would fold.
    Pair + Draw? I have three combos of them in my range. But I would also fold.
    I've got 30% here in pot odds.
    So I end up folding everything here. And that might be another leak. I'm so nitty and sure, that I am exploitable. For the sake of it I could continu all my semi bluffs to mix up my game.

Reading the forum I also missed the implied odds at the turn.

Im out already. But to answer the question.
    You are getting a great price when facing the river all-in. Would you call or fold with:
    Two Pair? call
    Top Pair? Only AK I would bet
    Medium Pairs? fold
  • bogata XLbogata XL Red Chipper Posts: 29 ✭✭
    Versus a TAG in EP I call quite tight.
    My preflop callrange is 66-JJ, AQ, AJs, ATs, KQs, QJs, JTs and T9s
    76 combo's. 5,73%

Kd9h6h 2tone slightly connected.
    I call a 2/3 cbet with FD and TP
    I have sets 99 and 66 in my range, but these set I will raise.

My callrange on this flop is 3combo's TP = KsQs, KhQh, KcQc,
    5 combo's FD = AhQh, AhJh, AhTh, QhJh, JhTh

In total 8 combo's. This is 10,5% of prefloprange

Turn
    TAG checks and I bet with my hole range. TP and FD's
    I bet my FD's because in these kind of spots there is quite some foldequity.

My betrange on the turn is 3combo's TP = KsQs, KhQh, KcQc,
    5 combo's FD = AhQh, AhJh, AhTh, QhJh, JhTh

8 combo's. This is 100% of my floprange.

TAG xraises
    Q: do you call with a TP?
    I only call with KhQh = TP + FD
    Versus a fish I would call all TP's

I call with this KhQh.
    And with the NUT-FD's AhQh, AhJh and AhTh.

In total 4 combo's = 50% of my floprange.

But maybe it is better to reraise the NutFD all in, because the SPR < 1.

River
    TAG bets all in and I fold.

I fold my busted draws = 3 combo's.
    So there is only 1 combo left with which I call and that is KhQh.

My callrange on the river is 1 combo and that is 25% of my turnrange.

So this hand in total is
    preflop 76 combo's = 5,73%
    flop 8 combo's = 10,5% of prefloprange
    turn 4 combo's = 50% of floprange
    river callrange 1 combo = 25 of turnrange

• Mark FlemingMark Fleming Red Chipper Posts: 76 ✭✭
    Hand #6 Section 1

Preflop
    EP2, a boring TAG, opens for five BB and I call. I’m on the button so my range is loose but does not contain the upper range that I would 3B, namely AA-JJ, AK and AQs. It’s a 17% range with 230 combos. TT-22,AQo-ATo,KQo-KTo,QJo-QTo,JTo,AQs-ATs,KQs-KTs,QJs-QTs,JTs-J9s,T9s-T8s,98s,87s,76s,65s,54s. I going to 3B JJ and suited AQ. BB also calls and the pot is $30.

Post Flop :Kd :9h :6h
    EP2 opens for 2/3 pot and I call. I might be pot controlling with medium pairs or on a flush draw. I eliminate my one 3B, flushdr. +oesd, the 7h and 8h. If I have trip 9 or trip 6 then I’m still calling because so far EP2 is betting into me for less than a full pot, so the risk exist that EP2 is slow playing. My range is 51% of my previous range for 107 combos 66,99,AQo-ATo,KQo-KTo,QJo-QTo,JTo,AQs-ATs,KQs-KTs,QJs-QTs,JTs-J9s,T9s-T8s,98s,87s,76s,65s,54s. BB folds, I’m heads up with TAG EP2.
    My tp are calls even if they contain a heart
    My fd are drawing hands, so they are all calls
    88 is not in my continuing range

Turn :5c
    EP2 has perhaps not improved since the first street and now checks to see what I’m going to do. Perhaps EP2 has a strong pair that contains a heart so was leading but now his tight boringness kicks in. I continue with 52% of the previous range for 54 combinations. I drop my unsuited Qx keep my trips, Kx, and heart suited combos. EP2 checks I bet $50
    Top Pair? Bet
    Flush draws? Bet
    Pair + draw? Bet
    And EP2 3B $175 and I call. I would do this with trips or tp with fd or I would do it to stop a steal by EP2.

River :Qs
    EP2 has 10h Jh, a straight so I fold because I have, at best, trips.
    Two pair? Call
    Top pair? Fold
    Medium pair? NA
    My range is 86% of previous for 44 combinations

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file