supper loose game ...been card dead...

EazzyEazzy Red Chipper Posts: 951 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2017 in Live Poker Hands
These two hands came up pretty much one after the other...in a loose 1-2 game (100 to 500 buy in)

I've been running card dead in a bit of a loose...game....folding and folding for 3 hours....

In the last 3 hours don't think I saw a single 3 bet...pre flop raises are mixed from 5 to 18...many pots 6 way limp fest a number 4 5 way raised pots....

V1...not seen him 3 bet once...raising a bit pre flop..don't remember any moves...$300 ish

v2...a bit shovy...one hand was 5 way $10 raise pre flop..checked though flop...on turn original raiser bet 15 two callers...and he check shoved for 170 ish...showed bottom pair...has shoved over a flop bet once for 200 ish over $30 flop...type thing..has shoves at least on other time in 3 hours..not shown..

Hero about $200 stack...
:Ac :Qs utg + 1....raises 8....another player comments that its the guy who has not played a hand since we had a white president and fods...V1 3 bets to 18 on the hj...V2 calls from co...

Hero oop should be read as strong..(considers shoving) but folds ????

very next hand... :Kc :Jc raises 8....same comedian says oh your tilting...and calls another caller v1 calls and V2 shoves for $160 more....I fold...

As both these hands have pretty good equity against loose silly games all in ranges should I be calling shoving here...or does the fact that they are attacking the tightest player..suggest they might have better ranges...
Tagged:

Comments

• persuadeopersuadeo Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You play the player, not the table in aggregate. Folding AQ to the first three bet of a tight player is very reasonable, despite the overall loose atmosphere. If you want to participate in the circus, ship it, but you're probably flipping at very best vs. such a player against your image.

Suddenly gambling with KJ might just prove you are on tilt, but you're perfectly capable of running this hand vs. a gambler's shoving range on an equity calculator and deciding if you're ready to start mixing it up. There are players in my pool where I have to go with this hand, because they always squeeze with any two cards in this spot, but that's the exception to the rule.

Sometimes the cards just hold you back. Your job is sometimes just to fold and save money.
  • Jumbo DentonJumbo Denton Red Chipper Posts: 22
    If your cards are bad, walk around your chair three times clock wise only. Games with multiple limpers are different than normal games because the value of top pairs go down and suited connectors go up. Figure what it will take to win the hand. AA won't unless you get a set. Hands get won by flushes and straights. Card dead? Play hands that make big hands and big pots.
  • Doug HullDoug Hull RCP Coach Posts: 1,755 -
    [video]
    TLDW: Cards have no memory, players barely do. Fold both, catch them next time.
    Co-founder Red Chip Poker,
    Author Poker Plays You Can Use
    Author Poker Workbook for Math Geeks
  • Ruxton_AtheistRuxton_Atheist Red Chipper Posts: 152 ✭✭✭
    Second hand first: Doug - thanks for the Flopzilla visual - folding the KcJc in this spot is clearly correct. But on the first hand, the fold appears clearly incorrect: there is $47 in the pot after the CO calls the 3-bet to $18, and if it folds to Hero he can close the action with a $10 call. How are we ever folding AQo here??
    Second hand first: Doug - thanks for the Flopzilla visual - folding the KcJc in this spot is clearly correct. But on the first hand, the fold appears clearly incorrect: there is $47 in the pot after the CO calls the 3-bet to $18, and if it folds to Hero he can close the action with a $10 call. How are we ever folding AQo here??

I did not notice quite how small the three-bet was. That makes it more OK to call. In general I hate playing out of position with an easily dominated hand versus a tight 3-bettor then a caller. What am I hoping he is three-betting with and then getting called by?
  • Christian SotoChristian Soto RCP Coach Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭✭
    Definitely not folding the first one getting that kind of a price, especially after V2 cold calls as well. I'm at least calling.
    But this is actually a really good spot to 4bet also and you have a pretty good hand to do so with.

In the second spot you can just fold.
    Definitely not folding the first one getting that kind of a price, especially after V2 cold calls as well. I'm at least calling.
    But this is actually a really good spot to 4bet also and you have a pretty good hand to do so with.

I think this is another one of those spots where Soto is much more comfortable playing with weaker holdings by calling OOP. Nothing wrong with that, it fits in with his larger winning strategy.

As for the four-bet option, I like to be a lot more polarized with my four-bets. I am going to 4-bet lite it will be with something like A4s as a semi-bluff with blockers. With AQo, it is not clear is this for value or is it a bluff?
    It would be a 4bet bluff with double blockers.
    Easy fold if he 5bet ships it.
  • persuadeopersuadeo Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I four bet AQ all the time, and can get behind your recommendation, but why are you advising it here specifically? The read is that the guy is tight and this is his first three bet; what's the incentive to make a blocker play in a cash game and very likely burn up $75? I know you are the bull in the china shop, but is this really the most profitable play for hero here specifically? Doesn't the villain's action outweigh the handreading worth of the blockers? Or is it really more part of your overall game plan, which would make more sense, as now you are creating an aggressive dynamic with the table? Other factors?
    Yeah I mean we don't have to 4bet here. But it's an option we should consider.

This is a good spot in general given the over caller and the small 3bet.
    But again, we don't have to. But we should be doing it sometimes.

If he's too tight then ok. But I seen even the tightest people 3bet JJ/AK, and I think we can get him to fold those. I don't think he will show up with only KK+.

I also said calling was available.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file