flatting kks to induce

philby20philby20 Red Chipper Posts: 189 ✭✭
i was playing a satelite tournament earlier there was 25 players left top 5 was paid a ticket. I was dealt : :Ks:Kd on the button i had 14 bbs left.

utg+ 1 min raised and had around 60 bbs i decided to flat my kks here with the intention of inducing the bb

The bb had just lost a big pot the hand before and now had 5 bbs left and if he jammed and utg+1 flatted it would allow me to get the rest of stack in pre flop as planed, but it didn't exactly go down like that the sb decided to squeeze to around 10 bbs original raiser folded and i shoved he called and had :Ad:Jh and flooped an ace.

So my question to the forum is do you think this failed plan was a good spot to flat my kks, or is it a hand that is to vulnerable when villain has an ace and your a 70% favourite which is great but u are still losing 30% off the time and maybe my stack size gives me the extra advantage of looking weaker then my hand was when i shove. So maybe shoving was the right play with the least variance.

Thoughts and comments much appreciated thanks

Comments

• NinjahNinjah Red Chipper Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it would have mattered either way in this spot. Unless I misread, you didn't state how many blinds the guy who shoved had left. 14BB effective stack either you shove and he calls or he shoves and you call, either way I don't think he's folding AJ here.
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't expect many squeezes without hands in tourneys. In general they need a pretty strong hand unless they are pro and know what ranges to use. I might ship preflop just to stay balanced when i ship hands like AQ or 88 here as well.
  • philby20philby20 Red Chipper Posts: 189 ✭✭
    I think the squeezer had around 40 bigs to start with. I guess my plan did work for getting all chips pre flop maybe if the ace didn't peel on the flop we wouldn't be having this discussion my point is i played this hand a little deceptively trying to get max value for it but had i just 3 bet the hand at the start i probably would have won initial raisers 2 bigs+ blinds and antes and i assume small blind would have folded hes aj at this point and maybe original raiser calls maybe he doesn't. Being a tournament is the less variance play best here or am i just being a sulky bitch lol
  • Billy BrownBilly Brown Red Chipper Posts: 9 ✭✭
    I think you did an excellent job of having a plan for getting someone to shove behind you with a worse hand. The fact that he hit is Ace is just bad luck. A double up right there is huge compared to only wining maybe 4bbs if you shove.
  • philby20philby20 Red Chipper Posts: 189 ✭✭
    thanks billy brown

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file