Ability level

golfer0110golfer0110 Red Chipper Posts: 12 ✭✭
Hi RCP team

I have been a member for over a year and have watched all of the teaching vids. I love the site and always look each week for the new vids and watch them as soon as they are released.
Doug I absolut love your latest vid with Vincent on your live hand reviews it is a real eye opener on how to exploit the table and is a real ahah moment for me. Please do as many of these as possible as they are absolute gold.
My question to you is how good a player can one become who is not great on the maths side. I have your maths for geeks work book and while I can use basis maths on pot equity fold equity and pot odds etc I am unable to get to grips with the more complex side including number of value and bluff combos within a range etc. I have read Millers 1%!and love his frequency based approach but find it unrealistic to work out all the combo side I understand the basics like 6 combos of pairs 3 of sets 16 of AK etc but it's not helping me put it all together logically and be able to apply it to the Miller formula.
I therefor don't feel I can progress any further than I am which is playing 1/2 and $125 MTTs etc.
Any thoughts on how I can improve within my Vaduz grasp of maths etc ?

Comments

• SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,057 -
    As much as the answer sucks...time and practice. Nobody wakes up one day and has a great grasp of combos - it's just something that comes with practice. You can count them when you are watching a hand (after you've folded). You can count them when you analyze forum hands. And the more you do this, the better innate feel you'll get for them (if nothing else, a good count on the number of strong combos is a great starting point)
    📑 Grab my custom poker spreadsheet pack right now.
    📘 Start the Preflop & Math Poker Workbook today.
  • golfer0110golfer0110 Red Chipper Posts: 12 ✭✭
    James thanks for your comments above I will keep at it its a slow and long process to get better at this game but my love for it helps me move forward slowly but surely.
    I have recently purchased your live hand reading work book which I am now starting to work on. Is there any chance of you taking a couple of hands from it and giving us your answers and thought on the hands on each street as this would be very help ful and give me direction on how I am doing?
  • AcesaladAcesalad Red Chipper Posts: 240 ✭✭
    golfer0110 wrote: »
    James thanks for your comments above I will keep at it its a slow and long process to get better at this game but my love for it helps me move forward slowly but surely.
    I have recently purchased your live hand reading work book which I am now starting to work on. Is there any chance of you taking a couple of hands from it and giving us your answers and thought on the hands on each street as this would be very help ful and give me direction on how I am doing?

An example would be nice, just to make sure we're approaching it the right way.
  • SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,057 -
    You bet. My PRO videos that will be coming out over the upcoming months are me going through examples and sharing my thoughts, process, etc. :)
    📑 Grab my custom poker spreadsheet pack right now.
    📘 Start the Preflop & Math Poker Workbook today.
  • RCP Coach - Fausto ValdezRCP Coach - Fausto Valdez RCP Coach Posts: 859 ✭✭✭✭
    golfer0110 wrote: »

This !!
    COACHING NOW AVAILABLE HERE
    MY COACHING REVIEWS HERE
  • Player 1Player 1 Red Chipper Posts: 60 ✭✭
    You can do exercises like take a scenario a common one is a player to limp you raise and just write out all the strong and weak fits for random flops. An example would be a reg limps and you think they will have something the reg limping range from how to read hands at NLH you can get a random card generator online or just a deck of cards and write them out, When you play live just watch a person or two and try to assign them a range and narrow it down to where you have actionable information,

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file