Weak on low paired board

MtipsterMtipster Red Chipper Posts: 131 ✭✭
IPoker, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $7.36 (73.6 bb)
BB: $10.62 (106.2 bb)
MP: $20.98 (209.8 bb)
Hero (CO): $14.39 (143.9 bb)
BTN: $4.15 (41.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8spade4.gif 8diamond4.gif
MP folds, Hero raises to $0.30, BTN calls $0.30, SB calls $0.25, BB folds

Flop: ($1) 5spade4.gif 5diamond4.gif 4club4.gif (3 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $0.50, BTN folds, SB raises to $1, Hero calls $0.50

Turn: ($3) 3spade4.gif (2 players)
SB bets $1.20, Hero folds

Results: $3 pot ($0.25 rake)
Final Board: 5spade4.gif 5diamond4.gif 4club4.gif 3spade4.gif
SB mucked and won $2.75 ($1.45 net)
Hero mucked 8spade4.gif 8diamond4.gif and lost (-$1.30 net)

Both callers are loose passive. Caller in SB is weird, I've seen him calling with K7o, J2o etc and then donking the flop after he missed completely, so every B5 and B4 could be possible here. I bet the flop expecting he would call with all draws, including almost every ace hoping to get 2 and 3 by the river (seen him doing similar things before). Also, I've seen him 3betting large with AJ, so I supposed he would do it with JJ+ at least, meaning I'm about 50% against his overpairs. After 3 hits, he still underbets, but I folded because it was one of the worst cards for me, along with ace, completing several of his draws. I ran FE for the flop, it seems it would be marginaly profitable to shove. Although I was thinking shoving the flop, minraise looked like he did catch a five and tries to lure me if I got some of the stronger overpairs.
How would you approach this one? I just hate those low flops.

Comments

• AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    8s are pretty close to the bottom of my range, but I think the turn is still a call. I played a hand where I had QQ in this spot. Villain showed up with 77. He used the same line: c/r small, barrel small, and river he checked so i made a small value bet and he called. As I said between 76, A4, 66-JJ, A5, 56, etc. If he made a substantial turn bet I am more likely to fold. His 1/3 pot bet says value, but we can't rule out 66, 77 and A4 from his range yet.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file