jdmkevinjdmkevin Red Chipper Posts: 4
edited November 2014 in Live Poker Hands
1/2 200 Max Live

Hero UTG: $200
UTG+2: $22
MP1: >$200
MP2: >$200
LP: >$200

Just sat down at the table and this was the second so no reads.

Hero opens for $8 with :Ac :Kc
UTG+2 calls
MP1 calls
MP2 calls
LP calls
Hero 3B to $110

Villains all fold except UTG+2 who is all in. My first thought was that I am dominating UTG+2 entire range since he was short stacked. However, given that there were so many callers is my equity really that good because the cold callers probably folded a bunch of Ax and Kx hands.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• Skors3Skors3 Red Chipper Posts: 665 ✭✭✭
    Could you clarify this? Perhaps I'm wrong but I'm reading this as: you opened for $8, 4 players called you, then you reraised yourself.
  • jdmkevinjdmkevin Red Chipper Posts: 4
    Sorry, 1st post on RCP :D

To clarify, UTG+2 went all-in for $22 and the guys behind called the all-in. Then I 3-bet to $100.
  • fountourisfountouris Red Chipper Posts: 14
    If all those guys called the preflop all in then there are 69$ dead money in the pot and you invested 22$ to get a pot of 69$+22$+22$=113$

So you need equity more than 19% to be profitable.

Your AKs here has all the times much more equity here than 19% and it is super good. Many times the short stack holds an Ace or King and he is dominated by your hand , you can win the pot with Ace high King kicker. Even if the short stack has a pair and the callers hold two of your outs for example if they hold one ace and one king your equity is still much more than 19% here. Even if they hold THREE of your outs (somehting extremely rare in this case ) you are still very good here since you still have 3 outs and nut flush and nut straight potential

But your opponents doesn't hold many aces and kings here.

They call those spots mainly with pairs and sometimes with suited cards (a few of them are suited aces and kings) trying to "be lucky" and flop big and almost every time no more than two of your outs are dead. Pairs like TT , 99, 88 , 77 are their most possible holdings, the last caller could call even with 22.
  • Christian SotoChristian Soto RCP Coach Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum!!

I like your raise to ISO to the all in player.

I think it's perfect. Good job.
  • persuadeopersuadeo Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 3,826 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, but you'll achieve that isolation more often by betting pot or just blasting it in. 100 may create a donkey chain with these overcaller types.
  • Ed MillerEd Miller RCP Coach Posts: 330
    Personally I ship it. If they call, they call. I get to have a super-premium hand in a huge pot. I'll take it.
  • GabeyJGabeyJ Red Chipper Posts: 436 ✭✭✭
    I like shipping it here as well. I love these spots in general unless your deep and Christian is at the table
  • Christian SotoChristian Soto RCP Coach Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭
  • persuadeopersuadeo Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 3,826 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • stranstran Red Chipper Posts: 9 ✭✭
    No hesitation - Ship it !

Your card equity is solid but even in a $1/$2 game you have serious fold equity;
    most likely result is you take down approx. $100 pot without a flop.

metagame is not of prime importance at $1/$2 but if you're shipping it on your second hand the table will be wondering if you just got lucky or are a real agro-lag. this can setup some "interesting" situations for you later.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file