036 - Find and Fix Your Own Leaks

SplitSuit hosts our 36th podcast on the topic of leaks and how to plug them.

With a little help from a forum member, he constructs the 'F.L.A.S.H.E.D.' method of systematically addressing poker weaknesses. What do you think of the method outlined in the podcast, and do you have any of your own?
Red Chip Poker

Comments

• MtipsterMtipster Red Chipper Posts: 131 ✭✭
    Using Leakbuster, FLA is easy (it does it for me) but SHED is very hard. For most hands listed under leaks, I can't even recall why did I do particular move at all (probably while tilting or I had some weird thought process while playing a hand). It's a challenge picking hands to analyze, even when software lists them for you.
  • MtipsterMtipster Red Chipper Posts: 131 ✭✭
    One more thing I'm finding difficult. Sometimes, core of the problem isn't in listed leak itself, it's something else that only reflects in form of that leak. That's very hard to identify. I hope you'll get what I meant by that, English isn't my first language.
  • ImperatorImperator Red Chipper Posts: 898 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    SplitSuit always makes it "feel" so easy, even when he is telling us that the game is not easy.

@Mtipster is correct. Often our leaks are not a lack of knowledge but bad and unthinking habits that our rooted in our "table psychology" or "character." I'm speaking of myself here, of course.

But study and practice is what can get us to break the habit.
  • SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,069 -
    Mtipster wrote: »
    One more thing I'm finding difficult. Sometimes, core of the problem isn't in listed leak itself, it's something else that only reflects in form of that leak. That's very hard to identify. I hope you'll get what I meant by that, English isn't my first language.

100% agreed, but the goal is that by studying and digging into a surface leak that we can eventually get to the real core which could be a mental thing (like fear or confidence) or a strategic thing (like lack of FE understanding or not really understanding SDV well).

We can only find these things by actually digging in - so don't worry about accidentally studying the 'wrong' stuff. If you dig in hard enough and diligently enough you'll uncover a whole world of mess down below that once fixed will revolutionize your game.
    📑 Grab my custom poker spreadsheet pack right now.
    📘 Start the Preflop & Math Poker Workbook today.
    Imperator wrote: »
    SplitSuit always makes it "feel" so easy, even when he is telling us that the game is not easy.

Cheers =)
  • thekidtimthekidtim Red Chipper Posts: 24
    I always get the podcast from podcastrepublic but for some reason this week it's not showing up.
  • zagaresezagarese Red Chipper Posts: 200 ✭✭
    Finally got to listen to this. Nice job but c'mon - you can't remember IQPEEM?

Seriously, nice job SplitSuit. And thanks for the acknowledgement.

Wouldn't mind hearing more detail on parts like using HM2 or PT4 to find leaks or how to establish valid metrics or.. just more detail. But of course you could easily do a podcast on each letter in FLASHED so I understand.

Thanks.

thekidtim wrote: »
    I always get the podcast from podcastrepublic but for some reason this week it's not showing up.

That happens sometimes for a bunch of different podcast apps. Usually they showup when the next week's episode goes live.
    zagarese wrote: »
    Finally got to listen to this. Nice job but c'mon - you can't remember IQPEEM?

Seriously, nice job SplitSuit. And thanks for the acknowledgement.

Wouldn't mind hearing more detail on parts like using HM2 or PT4 to find leaks or how to establish valid metrics or.. just more detail. But of course you could easily do a podcast on each letter in FLASHED so I understand.

Thanks.

IQPEEM is a pretty awesome acronym lol

You're very welcome and thanks for the suggestion. I may go back later and revisit each letter (or possibly turn it into a series of articles) - so great idea on that one.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file