better video player

FlopnthenutzFlopnthenutz Red Chipper Posts: 7 ✭✭
I would like to see these two features on the video player.
1. Some way to tell if I already viewed a video.
2. Some type of recall so if I get interrupted watching a video and I have to watch later it remembers where I was in the video. Similar to how podcasts work on the iphone.
Thanks!

Comments

• kageykagey Red Chipper, KINGOFTAGS Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd also like to see "bookmarks" on videos that analyze multiple hands. So I can fast forward to the next hand.

Would also be great if powerpoints were banned from now on! :-)
  • SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 3,950 -
    1. That would be an awesome feature. It's a little out of our skillset ATM, but certainly a feature I'd like to see as well
    2. Agreed

@kagey some of the powerpoint videos are the most info-packed...I wouldn't trade those for anything =)
    My new book lays out the playbook for AK. Grab your copy and start Optimizing Ace King!
  • ArtArtBobartArtArtBobart Red Chipper Posts: 357 ✭✭
    SplitSuit wrote: »
    1. That would be an awesome feature. It's a little out of our skillset ATM, but certainly a feature I'd like to see as well
    2. Agreed

@kagey some of the powerpoint videos are the most info-packed...I wouldn't trade those for anything =)

The powerpoint videos are the best!
  • kageykagey Red Chipper, KINGOFTAGS Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SplitSuit wrote: »
    some of the powerpoint videos are the most info-packed...
    The powerpoint videos are the best!

It's not the CONTENT of the powerpoint vids that I abhor, it more how a presenter sits on the same slide for 5 minutes. Literally. And basically reads the slide to me.

IMO, the majority of the RCP powerpoint videos could easily be converted into podcasts and nothing would be lost.

As a professional marketer and filmmaker - I can tell you that the most effective way to help an audience retain information in a video format is by using visuals. More information is retained when the visuals complement or expand upon the voice-over's point. Especially moving visuals. Otherwise, commercials would just be a product shot with a voice over. Right?

No doubt - RCP videos are jam-packed with great info (like Andrew's latest vid - amazing content!!) - but they often play as company meeting as opposed to an instructional video. I just think it would be nice to have more production values put into the vids. :-)
  • Doug HullDoug Hull RCP Coach Posts: 1,684 -
    What we are running into is that there are three skills needed to make a full animated and visual poker video:

* Poker Skill
    * Teaching Skill
    * Video animation Skill

These are very hard to fill in one person. Coaches that show an interest in developing the third skill have access to James and I for learning that. Some have done that, some are doing that.

Instructional video making is a skill that does get developed over time. In my past life, I made instructional video for engineering. I got a ton better over time and those skills were relatively refined over the course of 200+ engineering videos.

We are pretty happy to start people on a clean PowerPoint presentation and then open the door to even more visual presentations.

Also, we have heard that the *less* visual videos are ideal for long drive when they are exactly treated as podcasts.

There is a place for all styles, and it is better as coaches are learning to do all the styles and choose the one that best fits their material.
    Co-founder Red Chip Poker,
    Author Poker Plays You Can Use
    Author Poker Workbook for Math Geeks

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file