Who are these guys? A Little Respect for "the Fish"

2»

Comments

  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kagey wrote: »
    Austin wrote: »
    Ms.100% stacked me in 800bb pot. Took all the profit i made off her bf back.
    99 vs kk on k92.

    BWHAHAHAHAHA!
    800 BBs!
    Small ball poker at its finest!







    Sorry @SplitSuit, @Doug Hull and @Ed Miller.... I tried.
    I did.
    I really tried.
    But I couldn't resist.
    ... you may chastise me now...

    Any of us would lose our stack. Well maybe not you because your always folding two pair, sets, etc because top of their range is "possible." you might even fold top set becuase their range of combo draws is ahead of top set lol.

    For how great of a player you are no one has seen you post any hands. You claim you don't post hands because you know how to play, yet you still play 2\3 or 2\5. You are so great and know it all; why did you join a training site?

    I'm not afraid to post my wins and losses. All you do is hide behind a bunch of "what if" situations and unrealistic ranges.

    I would think most rcp members are winning players but you kagey might be an exception.

    And don't be sorry to the coaches. They don't care about your idiotic statements.

    Day in and day out you waste everyones time.

    Post some of your own hands or go back to trolling 2+2. Pretty sure that's where you came from. The holly grail of trolls.
  • kageykagey Red Chipper, KINGOFTAGS Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Austin wrote: »
    Any of us would lose our stack.

    800 BB?

    yes, we're losing chips here.
    But I'm never losing my entire stack in a single raised pot.

    based on action you posted here, I think you need to work on your "small ball" playing skills.
  • ImperatorImperator Red Chipper Posts: 895 ✭✭✭
    Comrades! Everything goes wrong some times. And sometimes you risk your whole stack with a huge amount of Big Blinds over the line. It happens and then we get over it and move on. Sometimes the bet is incorrect and sometimes the bet is correct.

    I'm not adverse to doing it if I control the situation.

    350 big blinds all in with AA and the other guy has KK. The King falls on the river. It sucks to be me. But I would do it over again even if it was a 100k bet because it is the right move.

    These are definitely first world problems. But if I doubled up that 100k bet I certainly would know where I would give 50k of it where it would do the most use.

    That's life and we all play for different reasons.

    Mr. 80% was playing for his own reasons. A lot of it had to do with how much fun he was having. Of course his personality. He liked dominating the table. Caesar passing through a one-mule town in Lower Gaul said he would rather be Princeps (First Citizen) here than Second in Rome. Mr. 80% finds small tables where he can be table captain and then he moves on. He probably likes sticking it to doctors and lawyers and Philosophy graduates like myself because in the buildings where he is janitor/manager I am sure he gets the stick often enough.

    And he obviously has fun.

    So if your playing the game, and it doesn't excite you, or engage you intellectually, and it is only a dreary job, or something to fill the time, why do it?

    So this is how I would put our "first world" gaming choice :It's hard to lose. But for me, win or lose, life would be harder if I didn't have a place where I wanted to win.

    This is how I would put the the everyday problem in "the moral economy": : "When we have found a cause or a person to live for, we have also found a cause or a person to die for."

    The latter is actually a lesser corollary to the former.
  • ChipXtractorChipXtractor Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭✭
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kagey wrote: »
    Austin wrote: »
    Any of us would lose our stack.

    800 BB?

    yes, we're losing chips here.
    But I'm never losing my entire stack in a single raised pot.

    based on action you posted here, I think you need to work on your "small ball" playing skills.

    Let's say you raise AA two persons call. Flop A22.
    You bet one person calls and 2nd villain raises.

    You are saying because you are deep (400bb) you are going to pot control because one hand in their range is 22.

    This is why no one should take your advice seriously. You focus more on the amount of money to be lost rather than applying correct ranges and making the most +ev play.

    You would probably fold kk on ks9s2 if there is a flush draw and person jammed all in for 200bb+.

    Are you telling me you are going to fold? You said you play in deep stack games where they have $3000 on the table at certain times. Why do you play in deep games if your scared money? Unless your a short stacker where you wait for your 1 hand and go all in preflop for 40bb.

    Why would you advise people to pot control top set until the river to make sure flush draw doesn't hit first?

    You are honestly a 2+2 troll. You do not even deny it.
  • RCP Coach - Fausto ValdezRCP Coach - Fausto Valdez RCP Coach Posts: 829 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    1) this thread is awesome @Imperator good observation and thought process

    persuadeo wrote: »
    After all, why would you bloat the pot when you don't know what's coming?

    2) @persuadeo you are the best :) lmao
    Austin wrote: »
    As games become more aggressive its a strategy thats hard to apply or use while moving up.

    Nope. It is actually a strategy that is ideal for those type of games if understood well and applied correctly. It is also a strategy that is not written about or talked about very often so I can understand that it is not well known.

    Truth be told I did not even consider it as a viable option until seeing it in action this past week. It was used to 'control' a very aggressive opponent in an overall aggressive game with well above average players. I also had a chance to hear an explanation of why and how it can be applied after the session. It was eye opening to say the least.

    The big take away from this type of discussion is that just because you may not understand a specific approach an opponent is taking it does not always mean they are playing poorly given the specific situation. The game is changing all the time. Have an open mind or get left behind.

    cXt

    3) very well said
    COACHING NOW AVAILABLE HERE
  • ImperatorImperator Red Chipper Posts: 895 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    1) this thread is awesome @Imperator good observation and thought process.
    TY. One big thing I enjoy about my poker life is finding new people to learn from and new things to understand.
    persuadeo wrote: »
    After all, why would you bloat the pot when you don't know what's coming?

    2) @persuadeo you are the best :) lmao

    I told @persuadeo that I want to follow him around and observe him like I did with Mr. 80%.

    I'm not sure I want to play against him though.... Maybe someday.

  • jeffncjeffnc Red Chipper Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Imperator wrote: »
    I know you Red Chippers must think I'm crazy to follow these two guys around the poker room, observing their games, and putting some thought into what their strategy must be.

    I would think this is one of the few places where we wouldn't think you're crazy.
    Monad wrote: »
    This thread is bizarre. I will not respect these fish.

    Well, OK, maybe I'm wrong. :)

    My take on this is that no one should really be surprised here, and this really shouldn't be very controversial. There are MANY ways to win, especially considering all the exploits against the MANY ways there are to lose (ss pointed out though, extremely small sample size, but...) it's very easy to imagine them getting to see flops cheap, and then allowing people to think they're terrible because they play "trash" cards (so they must be terrible, right?) It's easy to get annoyed at those people and then start throwing large amounts of money at them when you have AK and the flop is K75 and they have 75.

    Their strategy isn't really that bad necessarily, and as I said it's easy to imagine situations where it could easily win (as you said, they seem to game select pretty well.) I don't play that strategy because I think I can do better. Kudos to you for thinking it all through though.

  • jeffncjeffnc Red Chipper Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperator wrote: »
    This is how I would put the the everyday problem in "the moral economy": : "When we have found a cause or a person to live for, we have also found a cause or a person to die for."

    Funny, a few seconds before seeing this I happened to see an ad for a new video game. "Family ain't who you're born with, it's who you die for."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file