[NL25] Flatting AK in de sb

TuffTuff Red Chipper Posts: 148 ✭✭
edited June 2016 in Online Poker Hands
Hi redchippers,

I want to share some thoughts about this hand.

Preflop i noticed the bb has a high 3bet% and a small stack. Maybe he likes to 3bet when we flat. We also keep the btn's weaker range in the game. Without this 3bet info i would 3bet myself.

When we flat we give the bb a good price to call. Is this good or bad? I think its not that bad but we are OOP. I think 3betting is more +ev then flatting so im not sure if flating AK here to hope for 3bet action is the best play.

What is our plan when we get the 3bet action we want? Do we flat, min4bet or 4betJam?

Then we hit the flop and i like to check here since villain has a almost 100% cbet stat and float the flop to evaluate the turn. Then the bb wakes up with some action. The btn fold and the action is to us. Do we call, Jam or fold? Fold is not an option and i prefer to put him ai for his remaining $7.18 because a lot off actionkillers can hit the turn.

Hero (SB): $25.69
BB: $11.28 - VPIP: 28, PFR: 23, 3B: 13, AF: 2,6, Hands: 202
CO: $50.17 - VPIP: 38, PFR: 32, 3B: 21, AF: 4,0, Hands: 68
BTN: $35.13 - VPIP: 34, PFR: 14, 3B: 0, AF: 2,0, Hands: 44

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is SB with A :spade: K :club:
1 fold, BTN raises to $0.70, Hero calls $0.60, BB calls $0.45

Flop: ($2.10) Q :club: A :diamond: 2 :club: (3 players)
Hero checks, BB checks, BTN bets $1.20, Hero calls $1.20, BB raises to $3.40, BTN folds,

Hero ???
My SSD is faster then your HDD ---

Comments

• OlMrBOlMrB Red Chipper Posts: 36
    edited June 2016
    ***Disclaimer***I'm not a pro and this could be all wrong. Please wait for others to add to this discussion.

3betting this hand pre is def. better than calling here. If we 3bet to $2.15ish, the bb is likely to fold all but premiums. Since the BTN is rec, we can expect him to only be 4betting with KK+, so a fold may be in order if we do get 4bet from the BTN. If we get called from the BTN(which is likely in this spot) I like to cbet this flop 100% of the time. we get value from draws, top pairs and sometimes second pair hands.

For your question about ""What is our plan when we get the 3bet action we want? Do we flat, min4bet or 4betJam?"

If we flat and the bb 3bets, I think a 4bet jam is better than a min4bet. If we min4bet and folding to 5bet shove, we're lighting money on fire. There is a great chance we're in a 50/50 race since we have the AK blockers.

As played..... On the flop, I kind of like a fold. Villain is setting up his stack to get it in. His range really feels like two pair or better. Its tough for me, since I'm always 3betting this hand preflop.

• TuffTuff Red Chipper Posts: 148 ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Im pretty sure the bb will 3bet preflop AQ, AK, QQ+ so the only hand we can lose here is against a set deuces. I dont think this will be the case here much off the time because a set deuces would only call the flop and raise the turn.

So he has weak Ace or a Qx hand wich is not strong enough to call or he think his hand is good against a flushdraw..
  • NikosNikos Red Chipper Posts: 117
    edited June 2016
    I like the flat hoping for a squeeze from the BB given his stats (you might want to have a look at his squeeze % too btw - 200 samples is ok-ish for that i guess). As played he is mostly jamming flush draws i believe (22 is possible of course) - not much else, he could be outright bluffing some of the time though i wouldn't give him too many of those on an AQ flop. I'd jam this although calling is ok long as you intend to stick it in by the river vs the BTN.
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 betting pre. Not enough stats on btn to say other wise..

Bb has a 13% 3 bet so out of 100 times this play will only work 13. Maybe his resteal is higher like 25% but still that's only 1 out of 4. Playing AK heads up is better than 3 ways. Both have high vpips over small samples. I would 3 bet pre to $2.50 and 5 bet all in if i got 4 bet for 100bb.

Never folding this post flop vs less than 50bb stack. A lot of other hands he can have here.

Played way too passive.
  • MonadMonad Red Chipper Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    3bet pre and 5-bet shove if 4bet by either villain. As played I think we can make an exploitative fold vs the CR. BB is solid who won't be turning worse TP into a bluff, and this would be a weird/unlikely line w/ a FD, so we beat very little here.
    Monad wrote: »
    BB is solid who won't be turning worse TP into a bluff, and this would be a weird/unlikely line w/ a FD, so we beat very little here.

Stats looks somewhat solid but maybe its easy to have good stats when you get good cards. Sample is too small to judge.

Villain has a $11.28 stack left so he don't auto rebuy. I saw him loose half of it with AA and continue to play instead reloading.

So i jamed with an overbet to 13.50 (looks like a bluff) and he called with KQo and i won the pot
    edited June 2016
    Tuff wrote: »
    Monad wrote: »
    BB is solid who won't be turning worse TP into a bluff, and this would be a weird/unlikely line w/ a FD, so we beat very little here.

Stats looks somewhat solid but maybe its easy to have good stats when you get good cards. Sample is too small to judge.

Villain has a $11.28 stack left so he don't auto rebuy. I saw him loose half of it with AA and continue to play instead reloading.

So i jamed with an overbet to 13.50 (looks like a bluff) and he called with KQo and i won the pot

28/23 over 200 hands is a reliable indicator that they understand showdown value and rarely does this with worse pairs. I'm surprised by his holding and wouldn't consider that normal.

Based on the fact he hasn't reloaded might indicate some fishiness (could be a misclick in his auto-options though), but I probably still fold and definitely do if the stacks/spr were deeper.

edited June 2016
    Actually we only need him to show up w/ AJ here to be profitable. Definitely possible on second thought, as is AT considering it's late position, he's on LAG end of spectrum (though solid at first glance), and he's in some sort of weird short-stack mode. 5 SPR dictates we don't need monster equity either.

Nice hand.

I will say however that his stats + small sizing + 3-way dynamic should give us some pause if the stacks are a bit deeper.
    An SPR off 5 makes us more commited to the hand then a SPR off 10 yes. Maybe that is why villain stacks-off here with KQ.

Can we consider an SPR off 5 to be medium or low?

Do cashgamers always count the SPR in a hand or only when someone have less then 100bb? I don't think there is an SPR stat in HM2 is it?

edited June 2016
    I count it as the bottom end of medium. For example 5.5 SPR is a 3 street stack if your line is bet 50% - bet 50% - PS shove, etc. Anything between 5-9 is medium I say.

I try to keep track vs any stack involved, and there is no option for online display afaik. Just gotta get used to doing it yourself.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file