039 - Short Stacked Poker

This week's podcast features Ed Miller and Doug Hull discussing short stacked strategy.

If you're looking for advice on how to handle play at 40BB and under, listen now and let us know in this thread how you navigate the table when your chips are limited.
Red Chip Poker

Comments

• Eon137Eon137 Red Chipper Posts: 196 ✭✭✭
    Great podcast episode. (I always love the "Doug & Ed Show").

I frequently find myself in these short stack games where at least two or more players are playing with 20-30 BB. The podcast talks about hand strength changes for big cards vs suited connectors, and I get that. Just curious that there was no mention of how stack sizes affects the strength of pocket pairs. I'm assuming these also play extremely well in short stack situations, with bigger pairs obviously better to hold than smaller ones. How should strategy change when holding a pp when effective stacks preflop are short?

Also, I'm excited to hear a bout the new book Ed and Dough are working on. Any target release date for that?

Eon
  • tfaziotfazio Red Chipper Posts: 819 ✭✭✭
    Great podcast can't wait to see the book
  • DocRueDocRue Red Chipper Posts: 30 ✭✭
    I too would like to hear about medium pocket pairs. I feel small pairs are folds and big pairs are get it in. What do I do with nines when me or my opponent only has 20 big blinds. Great podcast.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file