Middle suited connector makes 5th nut flush on the river ...

La OnzaLa Onza Red Chipper Posts: 41 ✭✭
Hello, this is my first post on the redchip forum.

This is from Bovada 25NL. I have no real read on villain as this was early in the session. I'd appreciate any comments on the line that I took (check - call on flop and turn and then shove on the river). I don't have the nutflush obviously and the A, K, Q, and 9 of spades are unseen at the time of my river decision.

Thanks in advance!

IPoker, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 9 Players
Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $25.20 (100.8 bb)
Hero (BB): $24.40 (97.6 bb)
UTG+1: $24.75 (99 bb)
UTG+2: $29.60 (118.4 bb)
MP1: $6.75 (27 bb)
MP2: $22.77 (91.1 bb)
MP3: $33.86 (135.4 bb)
CO: $26.92 (107.7 bb)
BTN: $34.50 (138 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8spade4.gif 7spade4.gif
5 folds, CO raises to $0.75, BTN calls $0.75, SB folds, Hero calls $0.50

Flop: ($2.35) 5spade4.gif Jspade4.gif 3club4.gif (3 players)
Hero checks, CO bets $1, BTN folds, Hero calls $1

Turn: ($4.35) Tdiamond4.gif (2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets $2.25, Hero raises to $6.81, CO calls $4.56

River: ($17.97) Tspade4.gif (2 players)
Hero bets $15.84 and is all-in, CO calls $15.84

Comments

• MonadMonad Red Chipper Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    I don't love the semi-bluff CR OTT (though the sizing and equity thinking that went into it is totally valid -- IF we had reads). We have no idea who we're up against (i.e. a calling station perhaps). As played the river shove is standard. His range is heavily weighted toward Jx and overpairs. If he has a full house or a bigger flush somehow good for him.
  • David Kimweli Jr.David Kimweli Jr. Red Chipper Posts: 161
    I agree with Mr. Monad about your check-raise OTT. What range are you representing with a check-raise? Your J-x and sets are betting/check-raising the flop. Your AT-KT are probably folding to the flop bet (unless they are spades of course). You are also getting favorably equity with a call line. Given that you check-raised OTT what hands can you expect to get called by when you shove the flop? If he has J-x or overpairs he won't call the river shove. As played I don't expect you will get called unless villian has a bigger flush or boat but I might be wrong about villian's calling range.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file