Player Types

tfaziotfazio Red Chipper Posts: 819 ✭✭✭
edited July 2016 in Live Workbook (Vol 1)
This is a list of the player types in the Poker Hand Reading Workbook. I think it would be interesting to discuss our impressions.

Super Nit
Nit
Boring Tag
Tag
Unknown
Solid Tag
Weak Tag
Lag
Solid Lag
Super Aggro
Loose Weak
Never Folds
Terrible
Spewy Lag
Spewy
Super Spewy

Comments

• persuadeopersuadeo Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I notice someone in there is Terrible, but no one is Great. (But then everyone is apparently terrible.) And what's the difference between a Solid Tag and a Boring Tag? I thought they were all boring, anyway. No one ever said, "so an Exciting Tag opened..."
  • tfaziotfazio Red Chipper Posts: 819 ✭✭✭
    Have you gotten into the hand reading workbook yet?
  • persuadeopersuadeo Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • boyd148boyd148 Red Chipper Posts: 91 ✭✭
    My impression is that villain can't be packaged into a few neat categories. Many of the player types on the list overlap. For instance, boring tag and weak tag could both also be called an ABC player. A spewy player could be a calling station or a maniac. A solid lag and a solid tag could both be called a good thinking player. I guess we shouldn't just hastily label a villain. We need to keep gathering info to add to villain's profile until we can assign a profile that is definitive and accurate.
  • dmansendmansen Red Chipper Posts: 31 ✭✭
    Good idea. I'll try to give my impression of each.

Super Nit - plays pairs for setmining, folds everything else. never raises, ever.
    Nit - plays pairs, will open or 3bet AA-KK, always terrified of being outdrawn
    Boring Tag - plays tight, not creative post. bets pairs and SDV hands and strong draws, checks the rest
    Tag - plays good ABC poker
    Unknown - a reg at these stakes, whatever that means to you
    Solid Tag - approaching good, plays tight, barrels value + bluffs at frequencies that annoy us
    Weak Tag - checks more often than the other tags / value bets less
    Lag - opens often and will barrel to weakness
    Solid Lag - barrels better textures than LAG and can read hands better
    Super Aggro - plays lots of hands, not smart
    Loose Weak - passive caller
    Never Folds - always thinks you're bluffing calls with any SDV
    Newbie - no clue
    Terrible - no clue
    Spewy Lag - bluffs more often than LAGs and has a wider range at every decision point
    Spewy - puts money in the pot too often, mostly calling
    Super Spewy - puts too much money in the pot, raising and calling with a wide range
  • tfaziotfazio Red Chipper Posts: 819 ✭✭✭
    persuadeo wrote: »
    It's next on the list.
    run don't walk. takes some time to get into and to make time. great resource.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file