bad run, worse run ever

racenutalwaysracenutalways Red Chipper Posts: 31 ✭✭
edited January 2017 in General Concepts
Ok. 3 million hands played online and I am "usually" winning player. Started NL5$ 10 yrs ago, played maybe 160k hands in 6 yrs, then got serious, purchased PT4, flopzilla, leak buster, poker snowie, the list is vast. 5 yrs ago I was playing NL200$ after moving up, then bam, something weird happened, OESD and flushes just stopped hitting and my bluffs were being called 70% and my value bets folded to 80%. I have made adjustments to my game, HUD and everything in between.
They say to NEVER allow past losses affect your play. However, when you see AA lose to T2, K8 and is 20 buy ins below EV over 180 000 hands, and combo draws hitting 13% of the time, TP being beat 90% at 6 max tables will AFFECT your mind set.
Only experienced players adjust properly and stick to their A game. For every player that runs good there is a player who runs bad. My stats I have ran through PT4 Leak Tracker, Leak Buster and Poker Snowie(trial vers) and they all show my play to be optimal. If I am playing optimal why is my WR at -6bbs/100 at the bloody micros, what is going on????

I have done database analysis to see where I had tilted, if I tilted. I can find a very few hands wheere i tilt shoved say A6o, I do have have bluff 5 bet shove hands where I have been caught. But nothing to account for 115 buy in loss over the last 185995 hands to be exact.

I'm soooo tired of reading out dated books and do not need coaching but sure do need to find players who like me has played million of hands and still are having hard times.

I have attached my bell curve purely for entertainment purposes LOL
Thanks in advance.5ng3zdsgtn9s.png
Tagged:

Comments

• AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    But nothing to account for 115 buy in loss over the last 185995 hands to be exact.

Sounds like some major leaks some where... 115 buyins in micro cash games over 186k hands?

I've had break even stretches of over 100k twice at 50NL FR. Six max took me a long time to adjust to and I started out as a solid winning player FR, SNG, MTT, and even HU, but six max was my nemesis.

I've seen SNG players lose 100 buyins at the $16 level and I know for a fact their game is +EV and they just run so far below expected EV.

Also when you say you don't need a coach... I think everyone needs a coach of some kind whether you pay for it or its one of your good friends. Trying to do everything yourself is not the most +EV. There have been several hands I posted on here where I got so many different views that I never seen before.

I would just recommend having someone look over your database. Post some of your stats on here and we can analyse them.
  • SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,082 -
    ..My stats I have ran through PT4 Leak Tracker, Leak Buster and Poker Snowie(trial vers) and they all show my play to be optimal.

I love you, but this is almost 100% not true.
    I'm soooo tired of reading out dated books and do not need coaching[/b]

Cheers to the first part, but I massively disagree on the second part. You could almost certainly benefit from strategic coaching (it's amazing to find out how many leaks have snuck into a strategy during extended downswings). But by your own admission your mental is almost certainly suboptimal and thus a mental coach could help a bit as well.

Getting a coach/teacher is NOT an admission of failure. It's an admission that you know there are things you need help with and that very help will provide an ROI going forward.
    📑 Grab my custom poker spreadsheet pack right now.
    📘 Start the Preflop & Math Poker Workbook today.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file