Hand #2 (Figuring out what we're writing for our Range for rest of Workbook)

akashraakashra Red Chipper Posts: 12 ✭✭
Ie. on flop It shows us betting $25

Am I just writing my betting range that I'd do for roughly 25$ vs. this villain, or writing my whole continuing range.

I mean obviously we are continuing with our entire range when checked too with nobody behind, but I might check strong draws to better recognize equity later vs. a spewy player while controlling the pot while I don't yet have it.

So I did not include this part of my range on the betting portion and my initial 20.1% opening range dropped all the way to 8.75% betting on flop to include a few trapping hands and such or hand with latter street equity.

Now the turn is asking me what I'm doing on draws - most of which I did not include as I would check draws at times in this specific situation as discussed above...?

Comments

• tfaziotfazio Red Chipper Posts: 819 ✭✭✭
    Basically include your pre flop range % and number of combos
    Than on each street construct a range based on the action and record the number of combos that it is made up of accounting for the flop cards removed, and what % of the previous range you are continuing with. Flopzilla will display this or you can divide the number of combos in your flop range by the number of combos available.
  • SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,010 -
    +1 to @tfazio

Also, the guiding questions may not always be applicable - like in your situation where you decided not to bet draws on the flop and thus they aren't applicable on the turn after the flop got bet. But they are guiding questions to get you thinking about your ranges at each inflection point...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file