Using pokertracker to see how you are running on the day

NavedlawNavedlaw Red Chipper Posts: 17
edited July 2016 in General Concepts
A bit of a rage post, sorry guys. i've had a really bad day on pokerstars =/

I was wondering what the best way is (if possible) to use pokertracker 4 to check how good you are running on some days compared to others. I've read somewhere that you can compare BB Won compared to All-in Adj BB. When BB > Adj you are running good, and when BB < Adj you are running bad. Is this correct?

I know there are a lot of factors not involved in this statistic, so if there are better ways I'd love to know.

Side-question -> I'm still quite new to PT4, are there any good guides/videos on how to find your own leaks? I'm getting close to 30K hands now, should be an okay sample size, right?

Cheers.

Comments

• kytmagickytmagic Red Chipper Posts: 204 ✭✭
    Navedlaw, I believe that's how you would look at it but it only looks at your luck when all-in pots happen. There's many other factors, for example, one of the tabs in PT4 will show you if you've been running good/bad when it comes to flopping sets/flushes/straights.

As for guides/videos, I wish I could help. I've mainly paid people in the past to look at them. I've paid SplitSuit for a DB review before.
  • SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,082 -
    To answer your first question, looking at All-in Equity Adjusted numbers can give you an idea of how good/bad you are running. BUT, and this is a huge but, it's a results-oriented number since it runs your hand vs your opponent's exact hand when the money gets all-in. It would be a better number if it look at your opponent's range of hands when the money got all-in...but that's not what it calculates.

The better bet is just to run through the 6 biggest losing hands of the day and see if they were truly coolers or if there was some bad play in there. In smaller samples you won't be able to look at things like how often are my pairs catching sets or how often are my draws completing with any sort of statistical significance...so don't waste your time =)

Finally, I have this video series for sale which sounds like it would be right up your alley for getting more from PT4: http://www.splitsuit.com/shop/advanced-pokertracker-4-pack
    📑 Grab my custom poker spreadsheet pack right now.
    📘 Start the Preflop & Math Poker Workbook today.
  • NavedlawNavedlaw Red Chipper Posts: 17
    Thanks, SplitSuit, for the tips. I'll keep your PT4 pack in mind, but how many played hands would you recommend me to have before I can get real results from your pack? Is 30K enough or would I be needing more like 100K?
  • SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,082 -
    Navedlaw wrote: »
    Thanks, SplitSuit, for the tips. I'll keep your PT4 pack in mind, but how many played hands would you recommend me to have before I can get real results from your pack? Is 30K enough or would I be needing more like 100K?

You're very welcome. The bigger the sample the better - but 40k at a minimum imo.
    📑 Grab my custom poker spreadsheet pack right now.
    📘 Start the Preflop & Math Poker Workbook today.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file