Suggestion: Presentation / Power Point Slides

DiamondDrawDiamondDraw Red Chipper Posts: 5
Hello everyone. First off, thank you to all the coaches at Red Chip Poker!

I just joined this site about 2 days ago and have been staying up late at night watching videos and reading articles. The content is amazing.

While the videos are excellent at presenting the information, I wanted to see if it was possible to make the power points in the videos available for download. For my purpose, I would take notes on them and review them. I think it would be helpful for not only retaining the information, but also developing your critical thinking to the game.

For instance, there are parts in videos where I agreed what as being said and I wanted to expand on it, or I would disagreed and I wanted to express the circumstances where it was situational; it would be helpful to take note of these things in context to the video.

Comments

• NinjahNinjah Red Chipper Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭✭
    Hello everyone. First off, thank you to all the coaches at Red Chip Poker!

I just joined this site about 2 days ago and have been staying up late at night watching videos and reading articles. The content is amazing.

While the videos are excellent at presenting the information, I wanted to see if it was possible to make the power points in the videos available for download. For my purpose, I would take notes on them and review them. I think it would be helpful for not only retaining the information, but also developing your critical thinking to the game.

For instance, there are parts in videos where I agreed what as being said and I wanted to expand on it, or I would disagreed and I wanted to express the circumstances where it was situational; it would be helpful to take note of these things in context to the video.

You will really come to remember the information so much more if you write down your own notes from the lesson and write down your own questions, exploring the answers to those questions on your own. It's much more effective than reading a PowerPoint over and over. Watch the videos a few times, pausing to write down notes and ideas and replaying a section if you need to hear it again.
  • SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,082 -
    Welcome to the party DiamondDraw!

I +1 @Ninjah here. Keeping a word doc for each video you watch and writing down notes/thoughts and agreements/disagreements is more powerful in the longrun. BTW, you can always share your questions in the forum and we'll do our best to help =)
    📑 Grab my custom poker spreadsheet pack right now.
    📘 Start the Preflop & Math Poker Workbook today.
  • DiamondDrawDiamondDraw Red Chipper Posts: 5
    Hi Ninjah and SplitSuit,

Thanks for the suggestion. I will certainly give that a try. I look forward to the poker discussions on the forums. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file