Online player from NY saying hello!

OffTiltOffTilt Red Chipper Posts: 13 ✭✭
Hi guys, I'm OffTilt. I'm from New York and I currently play on ACR. I've been playing hold'em on and off since I was 14 years old. I got started playing on my Xbox after watching the WSOP Main Event in 2005. I eventually moved to online, busting out several times with play money. Then I moved to freerolls and got my bankroll up to $75, but busted out. I deposited twice in 2014 and 2015 and doubled the bankroll both times. However, I wasn't the most disciplined player at all times so I busted out both times.

I decided a few weeks ago that I would take poker more seriously and deposited $450 as that was an amount that I would take seriously, play .05/.10 NL comfortably and take a shot or two at .10/.25 NL. Overall, I fare a lot better in cash games over tournaments. I also invested in Poker Tracker 4 and that has been a big help create a better plan of attack against specific opponents. Some of my weaknesses are that I have a high flop C-Bet% and double barrel too much with air. I look forward to learning from you guys here in Red Chip and hopefully I'll be able to share my experiences as well, but most importantly, stack the chips!

Comments

• ChipXtractorChipXtractor Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome fellow NY'er. What part of the state are you from? We have quite a few guys from NY on these forums.
    Twitter = @ChipXtractor
  • OffTiltOffTilt Red Chipper Posts: 13 ✭✭
    I'm from Long Island, been here all my life!
  • ChipXtractorChipXtractor Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭✭
    Ah... me as well. In Suffolk on the south shore. Lifer as well.
    Twitter = @ChipXtractor
  • ZacShawZacShaw Red Chipper Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
    Welcome! I'm also a NY player on ACR, screen name zaction. I probably also have a too-high flop c-bet % :)

For a while I was playing pretty aggressive on ACR and it was working, but now it seems like all the regs (and it's mostly regs IMO) have me pegged and I have to go back to TAG mode. Have you noticed the games are kind of nitty/TAGgy?
  • OffTiltOffTilt Red Chipper Posts: 13 ✭✭
    ZacShaw wrote: »
    Welcome! I'm also a NY player on ACR, screen name zaction. I probably also have a too-high flop c-bet % :)

For a while I was playing pretty aggressive on ACR and it was working, but now it seems like all the regs (and it's mostly regs IMO) have me pegged and I have to go back to TAG mode. Have you noticed the games are kind of nitty/TAGgy?

Yeah pretty much. A good portion of the players I've seen at .10/.25 have solid stats. I've seen a few players playing .05/.10 who are pretty fishy, but they are definitely not the norm at ACR IMO.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file