sit and go heads up spot

zagaresezagarese Red Chipper Posts: 200 ✭✭
First hands of heads up in a 10 man holdem sit and go so we are in the money.

Villain has ~34 BB in SB/Btn.

Hero has ~16 BB.

Hero dealt :7d:7s

Villain raises to 3 BB.

In a vacuum, Hero's action?

Comments

• David Kimweli Jr.David Kimweli Jr. Red Chipper Posts: 161
    3-bet. Slow-playing premium pairs makes a lot of sense because you block a lot of hands villain would raise heads up. Pocket 7's is likely ahead but will be tricky to play OOP on most flops.
  • zagaresezagarese Red Chipper Posts: 200 ✭✭
    3-bet.

To how much, please?

When reviewing this hand I had thought I should have shoved but ICMIZER2 says no, 99+ was a shove.

At the same time it feels too shallow to 3-bet fold.

So - 3-bet call off, 3-bet fold, 3-bet to how much?

• David Kimweli Jr.David Kimweli Jr. Red Chipper Posts: 161
    Are there any antes in play? Assuming no antes I'd min 3-bet since villain will usually call and you'll have a little less than 1 SPR OTF. As you point out if you're raising any larger than a min 3-bet you're probably better off shoving at this stack depth. If villain 4-bets you should still be stacking off with 7's. If villain calls I might c-bet shove, c/r shove, or check-fold depending on the board but I'll probably never check-call.
  • BotswanaNickBotswanaNick Red Chipper Posts: 696 ✭✭✭
    with 16bb I think you have a clear jam with 77. Many players open-shove from 16bb stacks or even bigger heads up. That is certainly debatable, but I think anything other than jamming over a raise is a mistake at this depth.
  • FilthyCasualFilthyCasual Red Chipper Posts: 871 ✭✭✭
    I don't like 3b/f with less than 20 bbs in general, so if we're going to continue, I think jamming is optimal. Flat/jam flop just seems to give V a chance to actualize with 2 overs, and not sure they are going to fold if they catch any piece. The 3bb open seems large for HU and at this stack size, which makes me lean towards weaker holdings by the villain.
  • rocky ricocorocky ricoco Red Chipper Posts: 20 ✭✭
    zagarese wrote: »
    When reviewing this hand I had thought I should have shoved but ICMIZER2 says no, 99+ was a shove.
    Did you edit the villains range? ICMizer defaults to an 8% range against that tight a range it is 99+ I would certainly expect him to be opening much wider than that.

Optimal Ranges
    Villain 57.77%) 22+,A2+,K2+,Q2+,J2s+,J6o+,T6s+,T8o+,97s+,98o,87s
    Hero (40.3%) 22+,A2+,K2s+,K6o+,Q6s+,Q9o+,J7s+,JTo,T7s+,T9o,97s+,86s+,76s,65s

Think about the range you open, then decide if the villain is looser or tighter and adjust the range ICMizer accordingly.

Personally I am shoving here

• NinjahNinjah Red Chipper Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭✭
    Our hand is too strong to fold but we aren't deep enough to call since this hand doesn't play well post. At 16bb, 3-betting is pointless. Shoving is the clear play.
  • GazelligGazellig RCP Coach Posts: 74 ✭✭
    I agree, shoving is the most optimal line here!
  • JulesJules Red Chipper Posts: 441 ✭✭✭
    I too would shove.
    Did you edit the villains range? ICMizer defaults to an 8% range against that tight a range it is 99+ I would certainly expect him to be opening much wider than that.

I did not - I hadn't seen this element in the interface.

But I see it now :) Thanks.

And thanks to all for the replies.
  • dirty moosedirty moose Red Chipper Posts: 482 ✭✭✭
    Shove this all day.

And turn off icmizer =) j/k But this is a clear and str8 forward play.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file