J8ss get max value betting dark

mbehr1983mbehr1983 Red Chipper Posts: 635 ✭✭✭
I went to Tropicana Evansville To play. I got there about 10pm and there were 2 tables. I was seated at a table with 4. I quickly found out this was a must move to the main table. I quickly observed that this was a pretty loose passive game. I saw KK flat a raise QQ just call a straddle and AK flat a raise as well.
OTTH
Villan in this hand I played one hand with and gave a free turn card and he hit a pair on River with85s OOP to beat my A high
I am HJ effective 180
V is BTN
:Jh:8h And just limp due to the passivity and I thought my edge was stronger post than most of these guys 3 other limps plus Blinds
Pot 15
F :Th:9d:7c 2 checks to me bet 15 and guy called put him on single pair or draws here. I say not gonna let u draw out again for cheap and bet 40 in dark
T :3h he thinks and calls now his draws picked up more equity and he could still have pairs and draws to continue.
Once again I bet 100 in the dark
R :6h I now have a 4 nut flush but confident it is the best hand V tanks and calls doesn't show maybe he hit 2 pair or small straight or maybe he thought I was just bluffing.
I found that I do much better in passive games where there isn't much fighting for pots.

Comments

• MonadMonad Red Chipper Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Is there a question I'm missing?
  • mbehr1983mbehr1983 Red Chipper Posts: 635 ✭✭✭
    No questions just thoughts on the hand. I thought it was a fun hand
  • ChibberChibber Red Chipper Posts: 378 ✭✭✭
    What is the purpose of betting in the dark?
  • mbehr1983mbehr1983 Red Chipper Posts: 635 ✭✭✭
    I had flopped the nuts. I was going to bet regardless. This may of played into getting paid off. There was no purpose except to make it look like a bluff. I was first after the flop anyway
  • BotswanaNickBotswanaNick Red Chipper Posts: 696 ✭✭✭
    In general betting dark looks stronger than a normal bet. If he called your dark bet he would probably have called normal bets as well.
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In general betting dark looks stronger than a normal bet. If he called your dark bet he would probably have called normal bets as well.

Should never bet dark here because your saying you have T8 bottom of your range, J8, or 86. Hand becomes face up when betting dark.

If you bet in the light maybe he will think your scared of 8x on the river and bet for you. You handicapped yourself on this river. If you had waited for the river and say it was a 6 but a non heart so now you have absolute nuts what would your bet size be?

The way you bet the hand with 180 effective you cost yourself $25. Looks like you bet 155 post flop. River should have just been all in. Those extra $25 adds up expodentially long run. I am slowly learning the money I am leaving on the table is making this month pretty gross. Think of it as winning $1000 or $500 because you wanted to be cute or follow some social norm and have fun. While it should be fun still; your not following the business model.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file